9 - Guilt

⚠️suiside attempt⚠️

Hyejin pov
"I just came to see how you were doing," the old man said, I let out a scoff, "you never cared and I want it to be the same way, get out please, I have work to do," I said, pointing at the door.

"You can't tell me to go out, Hyejin, I was the chairman before you," he said, losing his calm, "yeah right, ex-chairman, not anymore, this is my office and leave now," I slightly raised my voice.

"Being kind once won't hurt you!"

"That is to those who deserve, you and your family deserve nothing, your wife and son killed my mother!"

"Jeongguk has nothing to do with this, don't bring him in," he said, "after knowing about him only my mother's health deteriorated, you don't have to teach me anything," I scoffed.

He opened his mouth to say something, but instead sighed before leaving the office.

✨🌈✨

"Come in," I said when I heard a knock on my door.

"Noona!"

I looked up at the door from my desktop and found Jungkook grinning at me widely.

"Don't call me that," I gritted out, and his smile fell almost immediately, "you told the others could call you that, so I thought it was okay for me too," he mumbled, his lips almost forming a pout.

"You never get to call me that!" I snapped.

"Ok..." he mumbled but the next second he looked up at me with a smile, "how is it here, Hyejin-shi? you have always wanted this," he asked.

I let out a sigh in frustration, "I have no interest in having chit-chats with you, Jeon Jeongguk, if you have nothing important to say, leave!"

"You don't have to treat me as your brother, but at least, you could see me as someone who works with you and talk nicely to me," he muttered, his voice timid.

"Why would I do that? I even hate the sight of you, have some shame and leave me alone, an illegitimate child like you coming this far in life," I scoffed, "you are an illegitimate child born out of wedlock when your father was married to another woman, seeing you disgusts me," I spat.

His eyes became glossy but I paid no mind to it. All I wanted was for him to leave, everytime I see him I see my mother on her deathbed.

"What wrong did I ever do? I wasn't asked to be born like this," a sob ripped through his lips, "if it were me, I would have killed myself the day I came to know about the truth, I can't believe you are still alive," I scoffed.

He put his head down and I could see the teardrop from his eyes. I got up from my chair and walked out of my office. Seeing my so-called father was infuriating enough and now his son has come to put oil on an already burning fire.

Once I reached the rooftop, I pulled out a cigar from my pocket with my lighter and lit it off. I don't smoke often but when I am very stressed I do.

I didn't know how much time passed, I guess it was a few minutes later when I heard someone shout from the other side of the roof.

I put the cigar down and crushed it with my shoe before walking towards the voices that I heard.

Eunji and Jeongguk were on the floor, with Jeongguk on top of Eunji, when they both got up, Eunji slapped Jeongguk.

"The fuck were you doing? Think before you do something that could take your life, you would just die but think about the people you are going to leave behind! How would they feel?" I have never seen Eunji this angry or raise her voice. Jeongguk hung his head low, his shoulder shaking with his sobs.