16 - Siblings

Hyejin pov 

“Eomma invited you over for Christmas and new year,” Jimin said to Jeongguk who was slurping his ramyeon. We three were at the cafeteria having dinner. Jeongguk decided to join us tonight. “That's so sweet of her,” I said, “I will stay here with noona, hyung,” Jeongguk answered and Jimin sighed. 

“Jeongguk, it's okay, you could go, celebrating it with family is more fun than just us two,” I said, placing my chopsticks down, “but I want to celebrate it with my family,” he said, smiling at me and I felt like a knife stabbed through my heart. After coming to Seoul, Jeongguk never went back to Busan and every year he would come meet me for Christmas and I would always kick him out telling he wasn't family and talk shit and hurt him so much, but he would always come back. 

“Noona, stop it,” Jeongguk scolded, grabbing my hands that were on the table, sometimes I get reminded of how I was with him the past years while hanging out with him and zone out and he would always tell me it's okay and now we are there for each other and that's enough. 

“We missed lots of Christmas, noona, I don't want to miss anymore, let’s celebrate Christmas and new year together from now on,” he said, giving me a reassuring smile and I left like tearing up, “I am sorry, bun,” I whispered, tightening my hold around his hand. “I forgave you a long time ago, now stop apologising every day,” he chuckled, “damn, I too need a sister,” Jimin pouted, “not a sister like me but a brother like our Ggukie,” I leaned forward and ruffled his hair making him smile his bunny smile. 

“Next year you both are going spend Christmas and new year with my family,” Jimin declared, “this year I am gonna make my parents un-hate you and next year we are going to be together,” he added. “Damn, seems like no one has a good impression of me here,” I said, “we all have tried inviting him every year to come with one of us, but he never did,” Jimin said, “all our parents think of Ggukie as their own kid, which is not fair, my parents love him more than me,” Jimin shook his head, “I am grateful for you all to look over him all these years when I was being an asshole,” I said and really meant it. 

“This is getting too serious, let me eat in peace now,” Jeongguk said and started eating, making me and Jimin chuckle fondly at him.

I and Jeongguk didn't have a big tree for Christmas, but he came to my apartment and stayed with me till the new year. We baked a lot of treats and cooked delicious meals the whole week, watching cliche movies and playing board games and he even taught me a few video games. He did most of the cooking while I helped as I am not that good of a cook while his cooking was damn impressive. 

We went shopping one day and bought so many things that it was difficult to fit everything in his car. We played in the arcade that day and ate dinner outside in a very fancy restaurant but that didn't fill our tummy so we went to a street food stall and had the best meals of our lives. 

We talked about so many things, I told him how it was after I moved to the boarding school, how I discovered my sexuality and how my first relationship with my roommate started. 

“She was my classmate and also my roommate, we became best friends but when I realised that I am attracted to girls after a lot of experiments I understood why I felt the way I felt towards her, one thing led to another and we started kissing this one night while we were watching a movie,” I chuckled, “The next day we talked it out and we started dating, I wasn't out at that time so we kept it a secret until we completed high school, your father thought it was only a phase and didn't mind it at that time, I was happy those days, at least I had someone to rely on,” I said, taking a sip from the soju bottle.