Last Person on Earth...Or Not

A/N: This is the thing I wrote for school

OC: Andrew

Fandom: The Smile Tapes (...Kinda?)

------------------------------

[Narrator's POV]

Andrew was sitting on the couch in his living room, reading; It got lonely after being alone for so long... That stupid 'Smile Disease' had wiped out the entire population, and he was one of the few to have an immune system that basically destroyed the disease before it could affect him. However...Everyone else's bodies eventually succumbed to the disease. Sometimes Andrew wished that he too lost to the disease; Maybe then he would be with his family and friends...rather than being stuck, alone, isolated, for god knows how long.

However...After around 45 minutes to an hour, Andrew heard something unexpected; There was a knock at his door. It was a pattern, too; knock...knock...knock...Pause. Knock...knock...knock... Over and over. Andrew, hoping that he wasn't actually the 'last person on Earth', quickly closed his book, put it down, and went to open the door. Although, when he opened the door, he froze in absolute terror, and his heart sank to the bottom of his chest.

"Well, well, well...I didn't think you'd be so naïve to open the door...knowing that the population was wiped out." The Person Said; Andrew knew who this was.. This was the person who created the Smile Disease. Andrew, out of pure instinct, slammed the door shut; Yes, he wished he lost to the disease, but after he made it this far, he didn't wanna die...

Despite his best efforts, the man on the other side of the door overpowered him, and managed to push the door open before Andrew could lock it.

"L-Leave me alone!" Andrew yelled, fear laced in his tone, as he backed himself against a wall. The man chuckled.

"Andrew...My dear Andrew...You silly boy..." The man said as he approached Andrew, "My goal with that disease was to wipe out every human on Earth besides myself...And that includes you."

Word Count: 300