THE GIRL IN THE SHADOWS

In darkness you can often see more, A beautiful picture Revealing a glimpse of creation

In one illuminating scene, An enchanting tale from long ago Glowing to the awaiting time we know, Ready to form a new story Shining in all its glory.

Darkness brings light In its peacefulness and silence, Silence is a sound In a heart to be found.

In the stillness you see A searching light to be, The flame of hope Opening the way as onward we go.

"Laurel." A boy announced walking into the closet a girl with blond pigtails behind him. "There's a new one here." A girl added

"How long do you think he'll last?" A boy with a fake hood hand asked. "A week max." Susie giggled

A woman with white pajama dress and red coat walked out of the darkness. "Enough." The woman demanded causing all the kids to go silent

"Sorry Laurie." Cassidy apologized giving the other kids a look. "Do you want us to show you him?" Fritz questioned tilting his head.

Laurel only nodded as grabbed Cassidy and Fritz hand and walked out the closet the other kids following behind.

"He come just today?" The woman asked walking past the kitchen. "Yes first day." Susie answered. Laurel only nodded, the woman was the only one of the group of kids that were murdered that actually grew. The others still had their ten year old bodies while Laurel had grown and was now 25 years old.

"He's in there." Cassidy announced pointing at the security room. "Go back to your places." Laurel demanded when the woman turned to look at the kids they had all disappeared.

Laurel turned away from where the kids once stood and stared at the security room. Laurel took a breath before opening the door.

Laurel titled her head as she starred at the man who watched the "security guard training" video.

The woman narrowed her eyes at the man, the children were right he wasn't going to last a week, no one did,

The last security guard Laurel made sure that no one would find him in the pizzeria, that was her job to ensure no one found out the truth about this place, her job was to keep to children safe.

Laurel smiled at the man laid his head on the table and closed his eyes. "Kids," Laurel called out causing all of the kids to appear in the room.

"Now?" Fritz questioned, Laurel only nodded and closed her eyes as her ears began ringing.

When she opened her eyes she was in a forest, Laurel stood in front with Cassidy watching Mike who had ran after the car.

"Garrett!" Mike screamed, the man stared as she car drove away before he slowly turned around.

"What is this?" Mike asked his eyes on the woman who wore a white dress and red coat. "Who are you? That car. Did you see that car? You see what happened?"

Laurel only smiled knowing what was happening in the real world. "Did you see who took my brother?"

"Go." Laurel demanded causing all of the kids to run opposite directions. Mike ran after Laurel just as he was about to grab her arm, his hand slipped right through her sending him onto the ground.

Laurel smirked as she appeared back in the office watching the man who sat on the floor panting.

"Good job." Laurel smiled looking back at the kids as Mike walked out of the pizzeria. "I bet ten bucks he leaves by Wednesday." Susie smirked as she walked off making Laurel roll her eyes.

When birth bid us come and weaned Withe good life we think that life itself Should forever shine When the cruel time comes To roll us upon the sea of ice