ICE

Happiness wasn't really something Laurel was used to. More like it was never something she had experienced in decades but all that changed when she met Mike and Abby.

Laurel stood in the kitchen baking-well attempting to bake a cake. "What's that smell?" Mike asked scrunching up his nose. "That is the smell of a failed and maybe burnt cake that I made like three hours ago." Laurel smiled nervously.

"Laurel it's 6 in the morning." Mike stated a knowing look on his face. "Nightmares?"

"I didn't wanna wake you up again." Laurel sighed a small frown on her face. Ever since the events that took place at Freddy Fazbears Laurel had been experiencing really bad nightmares.

Thankfully Mike was usually there to comfort her, but Laurel began to nice how tired Mike looked the morning after she would wake him up.

Mike walked closer to Laurel wrapping his arms around her waist. Laurel hid her head in the crook of his neck taking a deep breath. "You don't have to worry about that Laurel." Mike remarked rubbing the girls back. "You wanna talk about it?"

"No not really." Laurel admitted pulling away. "How long have you been up exactly?" Mike questioned feeling somewhat guilty that he hadn't noticed she left the bed.

"Uh I woke up at 1 am, tried going back to sleep which failed miserably,then I got out of bed at 2 and started cleaning the house." Laurel explained, Laurel was almost sure she could feel the eye bags under her eyes.

Both adults experienced nightmares but Laurel got them worst of all. Mike always tried his best to comfort her but it's hard because he knew almost nothing about what happened to her all those years in the pizza palace.

"Go get some sleep Laurel." Mike begged running his hand through her hair. "I have to get Abby ready for school." Laurel argued before she heard a timer.

Laurel kneeled down to the oven. "Holy shit I did it!" Laurel laughed opening the oven reaching out for the cake.

"Laurel!" Mike shouted as Laurel turned around slightly confused. "Gloves." Mike remanded handing the girl the cooking mits.

"Right." Laurel smiled, there had been more than a few incidents with Laurel forgetting to put the gloves on and burning her hands.

"How's the new job going?" Laurel questioned putting the gloves on. "It's going." Mike nodded his eyes on the blond woman. It was confusing to Mike.

He didn't get how this one woman could've changed his life in the best way possible. He admired everything about her. He admired how much she took care of Abby without expecting anything in return.

He admired how she always made sure that he was okay. And Mike was almost sure that he loved this woman.

"Mike?" Laurel questioned snapping the man out of his daze. "Yeah what?" Mike asked looking at Laurel who only smiled.

"I said that after we take Abby to school could we maybe try this thing that I found online." Laurel smiled making Mike's face fall. "Or not?" Laurel corrected noticing the man's reaction.

"W-what did you find online?" Mike asked his face a deep shade a red. "Ice skating." Laurel grinned "I do wanna take Abby but it's adults only."

"Oh." Mike whispered "what did you think I meant?" Laurel questioned "Nothing!" Mike said quickly before he noticed the tired look on Laurel's face.

Mike was sure that Laurel was about to have a major crash. "I'll get Abby ready for school you try and get some rest." Mike suggested "the cake tho." Laurel frowned

"I'll take care of your cake Laurie." Mike laughed softly walking the girl back to their room.

During the first week that Laurel had begun staying with them Mike had slept in the couch while Laurel slept in his bed.