CASTLES CRUMBLING

In life, some journeys are long before the destination is reached. Some may even take a lifetime with breaks along the way when we hit rocky ground, but the end of the journey is always profound.

Laurel watched Mike slept. "Ready Cassidy asked a bright grin on his face. Laurel only closed her eyes as her ears began ringing

When Laurel opened her eyes she was back in the forest.

Regret is never saying I love you,
always something you meant to do. Regret is someone passing your way,
never once asking them to stay.

Regret is a friendship that didn't last, someone you loved in the past. Regret is not living life to the full, sorry now heart strings don't pull.

Regret is leaving questions unasked,
all the answers remaining masked. Regret is keeping your feelings concealed, your future hopes never revealed.

Regret is not mending things gone wrong,
letting strangers know they belong.Regret is uttering things you knew untrue, to your friends who are now so few.

Regret is being unhelpful, always forgets,
regretting having so many regrets. And Laurel Landon was regretting everything

Laurel watched as Mike stared at his family in shock. "This....this isn't...this isn't how it happened." Mike announced
"This isn't real."

"Who's to say what real is?" Laurel questioned causing Mike to turn around quickly.  "it could be." Cassidy added standing next to his sister.

"What is this?" Mike asked narrowing his eyes at the two. "This isn't what I asked for."

"But it's what you want. Isn't it?" Laurel asked No. I just, I just want to find the man that-"

"You're lying." Cassidy insisted giving the man a knowing look. "You want to save Garrett. That's why you're really here. To change what happened. To go back."

"But I can't." Mike remarked his eyes flickering between Laurel and Cassidy. "He's gone. They're all gone."

"Really?" Cassidy questioned before pointing at his family. "You can have this dream every night Laurel can make that happen. You can be together with him. Like before."

Mike walked closer to his little brother as if nothing else in the world mattered, and Laurel was almost sure that's what Mike thought,

"How?" Mike asked his eyes not leaving his little brothers. "You said we could have anything we wanted." Cassidy started "We want Abby."

"Abby?" Mike whispered thinking about the offer for a moment. Mike kneeled down to Garrett.

Cassidy turned to Laurel nodding slowly, The woman took a breath before closing her eyes and speaking quietly

"They love her, Mike." Laurel said as Garrett "and she loves them."

"You've seen her with them. You've seen how happy she is." Laurel added as Mike's  mother "it's time to let her go sweetie."

Guilt is a heavy load. A conscience can only carry for so long before it collapses under It's unwieldy encumbrance.

A pressure on the lungs Pushing out air, threatening To smother and deflate them completely of oxygen.