Chapter 4- The Warehouse

After they had learned the whereabouts of Eren's nefarious doppelgänger, X and Eren embarked on a perilous journey to locate and confront this dark mirror image. As X meticulously tracked the malevolent counterpart, their pursuit led them to an eerie abandoned warehouse, a forsaken husk of industry cloaked in shadows.

The air within the desolate building hung heavy with a foreboding silence as Eren and X ventured cautiously through its dimly lit expanse. The shelves, laden with forgotten remnants of industry, cast long shadows, concealing the secrets the warehouse held.

The vast emptiness of the space perplexed them. A labyrinth of shelves and discarded boxes surrounded them, offering no clues to the whereabouts of the ominous doppelgänger. The feeling of being watched haunted Eren and X as they approached the rear of the warehouse, a space obscured in almost complete darkness.

A mysterious noise disrupted the silence, drawing their attention to the unseen presence. Closer and closer, they moved until a figure emerged from the shadows. A chilling revelation unfolded as the darkness receded, revealing the malevolent doppelgänger.

Eren's breath caught in his throat as he stared into his own eyes, a malevolent reflection grinning back with sinister intent. The doppelgänger's laughter reverberated through the warehouse, sending shivers down their spines.

"Who the heck are you, and why are you here!?"Eren demanded, his voice tinged with a mixture of fear and anger.

The other Eren, devoid of remorse, grinned wider, revealing a glimpse of madness. "I came for you," he sneered. The malevolence in his eyes gleamed. "I want to kill you."

The revelation hung in the air, suffocating the room with the weight of impending doom. The doppelgänger brandished a knife, the cold steel glinting in the dim light, amplifying the tension that hung in the air.

As panic surged, Eren and X bolted towards the warehouse exit, a desperate escape from the clutches of their malevolent pursuer. The race to safety quickened, each step reverberating with the symphony of fear.

Reaching the exit, Eren turned to confirm their escape, only to discover X had vanished, replaced by the haunting figure of the other Eren, now sharpening his knife with a chilling precision. Panic set in as Eren frantically searched for his ally.

Just when despair seemed to consume him, X emerged from the shadows, a shotgun in hand. Four deafening shots echoed through the warehouse, and the malevolent doppelgänger crumpled to the ground, lifeless.

A fleeting moment of triumph enveloped Eren and X as they believed they had vanquished the malevolent doppelgänger. However, their victory unraveled as the supposedly defeated figure twitched, life returning to his eyes.

The bones in the other Eren's body popped and cracked, a grotesque symphony of revival. Rising from the ground, he fixed his gaze on them with an insatiable desire for retribution, a terrifying embodiment of the darkness within.

Eren and X fled in a desperate sprint, the malevolent doppelgänger in pursuit. The warehouse doors swung open, and they emerged onto the desolate streets, their breaths choked with terror.

Glancing back one final time, Eren witnessed the malevolent doppelgänger peering from the darkness, an evil smile etched across his face, haunting their every step.