Chapter three

3rd Person P.O.V 

As Ranpo opened a lollipop, you walk towards your desk to get your stuff ready for you to leave. But, as you were walking, fate decided it had different plans for you.

Ranpo looked at his pile of cases that were needed to be solved, he saw one that interested him. It was about a man who had been found dead with his wife in their apartment, but the cause and killer hadn't been found. The case was on the other side of Yokohama, so he'd need to take the train.

"Y/n, I have a case I want to solve. Help me take the train."

Ranpo demands Y/n. Y/n sighed, and turned around.

"Alright, fine. Where are we heading, and what station will get us there the fastest and safest?"

Y/n ask Ranpo, still keeping her eyelids closed. No matter how much Ranpo could find out about Y/n, he still doesn't know what her eyes looked like when they were open.

"Kanagawa Station. Now hurry up, I want to solve this one!" 

Ranpo said, trying to rush Y/n. Sighing again, Y/n gathers her things and heads out the door, descending the stairs once again, trailing behind Ranpo.

End of 3rd Person P.O.V

Timeskip brought to you by: The stars on Venti's socks

2nd Person POV

After you and Ranpo arrive at the crime scene, he walks up to the tape. A police officer quickly intercepts him.

"Hey kid, you shouldn't be here. Go home."

Ranpo smirks and replies confidently, "Really? It looks like you're struggling with this case. I can solve it in under a minute. I'll give you one minute to figure it out. Your time starts now!"

The officer stammers for a moment before offering an explanation that seems plausible.

"The killer broke in while they were lounging around at night. He left through the front door, locked it behind him, and threw the key back into the apartment before leaving."

Ranpo shakes his head. "Nope! Not even close! You're a moron, Officer... Tomomi?"

"It's Tomouri," the officer corrects.

Ranpo continues, "Well, Officer Tomouri, here's what really happened. The victim's brother was visiting, and the victim's wife was returning from a business trip. The brother realized that the man had married the woman he loved, and in a fit of jealousy and rage, he stabbed the man. He then proposed to the woman, but when she refused, calling him a murderer, he killed her too. Afterward, he washed the knife, put gloves on, and placed the knife in his brother's hand. He used a spare key to lock the door after leaving. About a day later, he called the police, hoping to get away with it. The brother's name is Daiki Gurokicchi. The victim's names, Shomi and Weiku Qiyou, were mentioned in the case description. You should arrest him for the murders."

Tomouri stares at Ranpo in shock. "You figured all that out from just looking at the scene?"

Ranpo smirks again. "Obviously. Your tiny brain has trouble processing all that, huh?"

The officer quickly regains his composure. "Well, I'd better go. What's your name, detective?"

"Ranpo Edogawa, the world's greatest detective!"

"Now, off you go, officer! You've got a man to arrest," Ranpo says, waving Tomouri away. The officer hurries off to find the murderer.

You turn to Ranpo. "It's getting late. Do you want to head back to the Agency now or wait until tomorrow morning?"

Ranpo yawns. "Let's wait until tomorrow. I want to sleep!"

"Okay. I'll book a—wait, do you want a room to yourself?" you ask.

"It doesn't matter, as long as I can sleep sooner!" Ranpo replies loudly. You flinch at his volume but nod.

"We'll share a room, then. Is the Uriel Hotel okay with you?"

"Yeah, yeah, just hurry up, Y/N! I want to sleep!" Ranpo whines.

End of POV

I'm sorry about how slowly I post, I just don't know what to write. My brain doesn't have ideas when I write. But still, I need name ideas because I have none. If there's anything I did wrong, please tell me. I know how out of character they are, but still. The entire story is about a curse. I need ideas for what to write next, so please tell me what you think I should try for the chapter after next chapter, and I'll try to make it fit. I love you all, stay hydrated, and get at least five hours of sleep!