My Only Solace. (Yasu x Isamu)

Yasu woke up with a huge fright and he hugged the blanket immediately. He looked around, his whole vision felt blurry and he could barely make out any object in the room. Even the light that managed to filter through the window felt fake to him. He couldn't tell if this was the real world. He looked around once more, in each corner he was met with the same mysterious silhouette. Were his eyes playing tricks on him? Was it really her

He couldn't fight his tears any longer, so he started crying lightly. All those transparent droplets stained his pajamas and blanket, but he didn't care anymore. He just wanted the pain to end.  

Isamu then woke up to the sound of Yasu's weeping. He quickly rubs his eyes and turns to Yasu. "Yasu..? I-Is that you, dear?"

Yasu flinched to the sound of Isamu's voice. He couldn't just let Isamu see him in this state, so he came up with white lies. "Oh uhm... yeah it's me. I just woke up to get a glass of water. Please just go back to sleep, Isamu." 

Isamu found Yasu's persuasion suspicious. Why would he hide something as stupid as a glass of water? Unless... Isamu connected the dots and realized why Yasu was acting the way he is.

"Another nightmare, huh?" Isamu frowned. Yasu's eyes widened, and he just couldn't help it, he burst into tears once again. 

Isamu catches Yasu into his arms and rests his head on his chest. He rubbed Yasu's hair gently, trying not to disturb him while still allowing the translucent tears to stain his shirt. Isamu continued to reassure him, he allowed Yasu to grieve. It was his pain after all. 

"I just wish this would all end." Yasu muttered, before going back to crying again. Isamu shushed him, "everything's gonna be okay Yasu. I'll be here for you." 

Yet, even that promise felt fake. It's not okay. It's never gonna be okay. He was suffering, this pain is now an eternal part of him. He couldn't just drop it like a piece of paper, he had to accept it as his own and move on.  

"It's not okay, Isamu. You don't understand what's going on. I live in a world made up of my own nightmares now. I can't escape the pain no matter how hard I try." 

Isamu nods, but doesn't give a reply. He simply leans in and kisses Yasu's forehead, which surprised Yasu. 

"I understand everything perfectly. But your pain is not a reason for me to love you any less. I'll be here by your side, to support you even when you're on your knees. Your pain is my pain too." 

Yasu was taken back by Isamu's words. A sudden brush of empathy grabbed at his chest and he felt... safe for once. Like this was where he belonged, in the hands of Isamu's embrace. He gives in on a smile before bursting into tears again. 

"I think I found my solace." Yasu smiles, kissing Isamu's cheek.

Isamu nods, "We're in this together Yasu. It's us against the world."