Reliance. (William x Jason, re-write)

Writer's note: This is a re-write of an old Willson story I wrote back in 2022. I'm not super happy with how it turned out, but it's sweet and I think it makes up for the old one!

William screeched, turning around. "Let go of me, already!"

The tone of William's voice sent Jason a few steps back, but even then he didn't let go of the other male's wrist. Instead, he gripped it harder and got his gaze to meet with William's. He could read off all the emotions in his ocean blue eyes. He reeked of fury and insecurities.

"I'm not letting go," Jason cleared his throat. "Not unless you calm down and promise me not to run off like that again."

William was about to answer, but he stopped to think. He retaliated and swiped his hand out of Jason's grip, grabbing it so he could fumble with his wrist. "Fine... whatever."

At least William was finally being sensible and taking his time to think things over. Jason put his hand on William's shoulder which startled him.

"See? That wasn't so hard." Jason smiled. "Now you just have to calm down and we can talk things over."

William gave Jason a sour look. "What's there to talk about? You have nothing to do with this. This is between me and Yasu."

"Yes but I'm your best friend. Sometimes I can also be accountable for the shenanigans you get into."

Even from where he was standing, he could see William's face going slightly red from his words. "They're not shenanigans..."

"We all get into shenanigans, William. But don't blame this all on Yasu. You started the fight first."

William snapped. "Right, could you stop reminding me how imperfect I am? It's getting very annoying now. I know I'm a screw-up but that doesn't mean you have to bring it up all the time."

Jason's eyes widened. "A screw-up? William... you're not a screw up. What are you-"

"Come on Jason, face it. I started the fight. I'm always competing with Yasu. I can never do anything right. I never do anything good for anyone. I just take up space. I'm just a second option."

William looks down at the ground, then continues. "No one wants to hang out with me, well not while Yasu is around. I've always envied him. He has everything I don't have. He's got the looks, the wits, the personality, the charm... and what am I compared to that? A nobody."

"William's... that's not-"

Jason watched as William slowly broke into tears. "I've tried so hard to impress you, and yet it always seems I just make a bigger fool out of myself. I don't deserve you. You deserve to be with someone better. Someone who is as perfect as you."

Jason listens, watching the translucent tears race smoothly down William's cheeks, but he had other plans in mind. He gently lifted William's chin with his finger, allowing the other male's eyes to meet with his. He slowly leaned in, and William understood the gesture. Their lips connected and they shared a sweet kiss for a moment.

Alas, they parted away and Jason was the first to smile at the other male. "I think I've already found the perfect man. You."

As William was about to answer, Jason put his finger over his lips and giggled. "I think you've said enough already. Besides, you talk too much."

William smiles, as they bring their foreheads together, standing under the rain enjoying the sound of the clouds cheering and clapping for their love.