02

"Grace, you sly fucking fox!"

So far Grace was having quite a chill sunday. Last night the British journalist got the opportunity to host the red carpet for the 2022 autosport awards. You see Grace had taken the world of F1 journalism by storm, winning the hearts of older racing fans, young girls on social media and even a few drivers. The dark- haired girl was witty but kind and had tons of knowledge and experience in the racing world.

It hadn't been a short event, that's why Grace was having a chill sunday. She slept in till 11, spent the morning watching New Girl on the couch with her cat, Ayrton, named after the famous Brazilian racing driver, Ayrton Senna. Her breakfast had consisted of some cupcakes the girl had baked earlier this week and an ice coffee or two. Around 4 in the afternoon Grace decided to have a little run, so she would at least feel a bit productive, after her run and shower she quickly got back into her pyjamas. She edited some interviews from the night before, uploading them to her social media and decided to make a cute instagram post. Grace wanted to rest some more when her best friend Naomi Schiff walked in yelling, "Grace, you sly fucking fox!"

"Good evening to you too my love. I'm doing amazing, thank you for asking." the girl replied not even bothering to stand up knowing Naomi would be walking over, plopping down on her couch anyway.

And that was exactly what she did, "Don't good evening me. Why didn't you tell me you and George Russell are basically married?"

Grace let out a loud laugh. When hosting the red carpet, the girl had multiple interviews. From Red Bull team boss Christian Horner, to drivers like Oscar Piastri, Jessica Hawkins and George Russell. Today, as part of her job, Grace had edited the footage and uploaded it to all her socials and the responses she got were crazy. The video of her interviewing George Russell had completely blown up, all over the internet. "You are delusional girl," Grace paused, "And actually the one getting married?"

"So not true! Well, I am getting married," Naomi started, "but I saw that interview. He's totally in love with you. You're in love with him. The tension, my god Grace." All Grace could do was laugh, "You are crazy."

"Looks like I'm not though because the internet agrees with me, I can't wait for the season to start again and see this blossom." It was true, that the internet had agreed with Naomi. From dm's to edits and even ship accounts, people seemed to love George and Grace together.

"As if Naomi, we both know it is and never will be like that," Grace wanted to make herself very clear, "Neither of us look at each other that way, for fucks sake neither of us even know each other. Besides I work with him, that would never work nor would I want that." Naomi knew her best friend had a good point. Yet she, like the fans, just loved the connection she had seen between the pair. "Ah well sure, at least show me the uncut footage?"

This was a tradition the pair of girls had ever since they became best friends. The two girls both work in F1 and that's also where they met.

Naomi used to be a driver in the Women's series but when that got cancelled due to money issues was forced to stop racing and got a job as presenter for SkyeSports. She had her moments in the paddock, hosted most fan events on the big stage and even got to host a post race interview last season. That while Grace never dared to set a foot in a racing car herself, she was actually quite frightened of speed. Grace had always been a big F1 fan growing up and while doing her major in sports journalism decided to make social media content around everything racing. She became famous through her TikTok, slowly getting invited to races while having an internship with F1TV for whom she now partly works.

So when the girls, who were basically in the same boat by being young female journalists, met they quickly hit it off. Lucky for them because they now always had their best friend around while working at race weekends.

"Not sure if I want to see that back but sure lovely." Grace carefully opened her laptop, logging in and finding the unedited footage of her interview with George.

"You want a cuppa first?" Grace offered. "No thanks I'll get it myself later, now hurry up you!"

author speaking!
hi lovelies, thank you for reading the first real chapter of call it what you want! next chapter will be the actual interview so we'll go a little back in time. i have a lot in store for george and grace so i hope you'll enjoy.

much love, lou 🤍