Chapter 4: Four of Us

Clawdeen and I went to the science archives to look for Hyde's lab journals

Clawdeen and I went to the science archives to look for Hyde's lab journals. Will this potion help us get rid of our human sides? I don't know if it's the right decision. Even though I'm still curious about Hyde and his friendship with our mom.

We looked around and found the lab journals. They all had the clasped hands symbol. Now, what did Hyde have to say about the potion?

"Clasped hands, Hyde's symbol." said Clawdeen, grabbing the journals as we sat down at a table and read them.

As we read the journals, we then hear faint whispers around us. It was creepy, and I didn't know what was going on.

"Hello? Somebody there?" I said, looking around the place in fright. The light goes out.

The burner turns on and heats up the tube.

"Okay, Ghoulia, you got us. Seriously, this isn't funny." My heart pounds and I feel anxious.

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no. Ah, ah, ah, ah." I turned into my human side. "What?" My heart pounds louder as Clawdeen tries to calm me down.

"Calm down, Becca. I'm here with you."

"Hello?"

We then screamed alongside Frankie. After that, Frankie gives me something to help calm me down.

"What is this?" said Clawdeen, asking them.

"Magnesium carbonate. It's very calming. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is." said Frankie, honestly.

"We are real, live, living humans. Half of us are." I said, nervously.

"This is why you asked about monsters transforming?"

"Yes, and you heard what Mr. Komos said. It didn't turn out so great for Hyde."

"Wow, this is a pickle. How can I help?"

"Okay. So this Hyde guy, he might have a cure for humanness hidden in a secret lab somewhere if we can just find it. We hoped his old lab journals might have some clues, but they're just full of gobbledygook." said Clawdeen.

"No idea what gobbledygook is, but it sounds delicious. Oh, that's not handwriting. That's code."

"How did you—" I said, curiously.

"Alan Turing's cortex. He cracked the German code in World War II and saved the world. He was awesome. This is definitely Hyde's diary."