Chapter 9: No Apologies

Clawdeen and I were outside on the steps, waiting for our dad to show up

Clawdeen and I were outside on the steps, waiting for our dad to show up. Dracula and a member of the board were with us.

The portal opens and our dad steps out of it.

"Rebecca! Clawdeen! You both okay, girls?" He ran over to us in concern.

"It's all right, Dad. We're both ready to go. We're not gonna hide who we are anymore," I said, honestly.

"The world's gonna see us as we are. It'll be okay. Just gonna say goodbye to our friends." said Clawdeen.

Heath shows up with the others. "There they are."

They walked over to us.

"Hey." said Draculaura, greeting us.

"Hey." We said in unison.

"What did they say?" said Frankie.

"We're going back home." I said, answering their question as I looked at Deuce. "Even though I don't want to leave Monster High."

"Rebecca and Clawdeen Wolf, please stop." said Headmistress Bloodgood, stopping us.

"Headmistress Bloodgood—" said Clawdeen, getting cut off by her.

"Your father's not here to take you both home."

"Wait, what?"

"We're not going home?" I said, befuddled.

"You were never the problem. Komos was. The school is clearly now fine. We've been wrong all these years. An impure monster heart was never about being human. You both have demonstrated as much true monster hearts as any student I've ever known. Your mother would be proud." said Headmistress Bloodgood, explaining it to us.

"She would be so proud." said Dad, smiling at us.

"Today, we are rewriting the school charter. We no longer revile humans, at least not all of them, no matter how tasty their veins may look." said Dracula, making his speech.

"We're honored to have you both as students here. That is, if that is what you both want." said Headmistress Bloodgood.

"Really?" We said in unison, so hopeful. She gives us a nod.

"Yes, that's what I want." said Clawdeen, happily.

"I agree." I said, cheerfully. Everyone cheered.