Storm

"Where's Divjyot?" I asked at the reception table as the man looks up at me shocked, most probably because who had the guts to call his boss by her first name. He found her husband and the prince standing there as the shock subsided. He points towards the Sofa.

"Please have a seat, Yuvraj. She's in interrogation." He said, as I shake my hand not wanting to sit down. This information was urgent, but not everyone in the department needs to know that I'm not here to visit my wife but the SSP.

"Where's the interrogation room?" I asked as he seemed confused at how much he should reveal. "So, I'll have to disturb the commissioner to get permission for the visit to this room?"

"N... No, your majesty." He said pointing towards the right. "The interrogation is happening in the suspect's prison cell. This way down the stairs and then... you'll hear the sounds of torture that will guide you to the exact location."

People that don't want to tell something tend to get too chatty after I mention the commissioner. I walk down the stairs but I was barely five steps down as a shrill scream pierced my ear drums.

My hurried steps walk towards the sound passing by a row of prison cells where men and women sat on the edge of their concrete seats with their asses tattered by the screams of torture. Some sat in the corners on the floor as if trying to camouflage with the walls while some seemed to rest comfortably.

"Say once again. What were you saying? You wouldn't tell anything?" Divjyot asked holding the suspect from his hair pulling it backwards as he lay on his stomach on the concrete bench made as a bed for them. He was held down with handcuffs and another cop holding him in position.

"I... I know." The convict said spitting blood out of his mouth.

"I know you know something. Will you tell us?" She said pulling his hair hard and backwards as I swallow the saliva in a hard gulp. She kept her foot on his back and pressed slowly shaking her feet forward and backward as he screams louder this time.

I couldn't stand here as I gesture to the constable to alert his madam on my arrival since I didn't have the guts to interfere.

"Madam, the Yuvraj is here." He said, as Divjyot seemed to freeze for a minute but then slowly turned to look at me.

"Wait for me in my cabin." She said turning to look away as I tell the constable to open the lock as he looks at Divjyot.

"I can take over the interrogation." I said, as she turned to look at me clearly more pissed than she was on seeing me here.

"Sir, this is not related to that case..." she said, her eyes gesturing to the file in my hands. "I'll manage it."

"Divjyot go rest in your cabin. They'll brief me about the case and I won't disappoint you. Trust me." I said as she took a deep breath and looked around at the cops and even the convict looked at the drama with so much interest.

"Okay." She said, her tone ungrateful as if she was just saying to end this conversation. She steps out as I go to hand her the file. She walks to the sink down the corridor and washes her hands and once she was done, I offered the file again.

"This requires your urgent attention." I whisper in a low voice as she takes it and walks above the stairs. She took it without another word and walks towards the stairs as I fold the sleeves of my shirt ready to get dirty as the inspector briefs me on the case and information required.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Here. You have everything you need to investigate further." I said, keeping a note pad on her table as she doesn't look up from her screen. "You can atleast be thankful. Even with the way you are treating me, I..."