Scene 6: Saturday, 8.07 AM

INT: COACH 2, METRO

SFX: SOFT WHIRRING OF THE ENGINES. A FEW PHONE PINGS AND TAPS. MURMURS.

SANJAY: So we're continuing this... not talking?

NIDHI HUMS A RANDOM TUNE

Fine, then.

NIDHI CONTINUES TO HUM

Last time, then I'll shut up. (beat) Why did you possess the guard?

NIDHI: (sighs) You know how much it hurts? You saying that you don't believe in me. (beat) One of the few things I remember of that day, is that I definitely didn't have plans of dying. Like, I didn't ask to be killed, okay?

SANJAY: Nidhi...I'm so sorry. Y-you know I didn't mean it. I'm always on your side.

RECORDED VOICE: (ping) ಮುಂದಿನ ನಿಲ್ದಾಣ ಕೆಂಗೇರಿ.(beat) Next station is Kengeri.

NIDHI: Look, I'm alright with us fighting, but please don't bring that up again. (beat) And, I'm also sorry for calling you those things. I shouldn't have done that.

SANJAY: It was fair of you to do that. Otherwise, I wouldn't have stopped.

NIDHI: No it's not. I promised to protect your secret no matter what.

SANJAY: Okay... it's alright.

SILENCE. THEN A BURST OF LAUGHTER (FEMALE) FROM COACH 1.

(close) Wish I could be there now.

NIDHI: (mumbles) You know, everyone will think you're a pervert when they see you stare at the women's coach.

SANJAY: Huh? Sorry. (close) Get your head straight, Sanju.

SANJAY TAPS THE PHONE THRICE.

So, the last place you remember going to is Kingdom Legacy-

NIDHI: Wasn't it Decathlon?

SANJAY: No, Decathlon's the one before. Last time, you said you went to the restaurant.

NIDHI: Yeah... continue.

SANJAY: We'll do what we did last time. Check out the place to jog your memory.

NIDHI: (nervous) Okay.

SANJAY'S PHONE RINGS ("Baby Shark" - Pinkfong , 00.00 - 00.08).

NIDHI SUPPRESSES HER LAUGH, WHILE SANJAY SILENCES THE PHONE.

SANJAY: I'll never give my phone to Girish again.

NIDHI: (laughs) Who? Our senior or your cousin?

SANJAY: You think and tell.

NIDHI: Obvi, your cousin. Ya, how old is he-

SANJAY: Shush.

NIDHI: What? (annoyed) Oh.

SANJAY PICKS UP THE CALL.

SANJAY: H-Hello Mom... ye-es, I-I am good. I am s-still on the met-tro... n-no I will reach the st-tation in t-two minutes. Yes M-mom, I d-do not know why Prof-fessor Yadav want-ted to start the worksh-shop today, that too, t-this early.

NIDHI: (mumbles) Spot on. Proud of you, shishya. Just calm down.

SANJAY: Do not w-worry, M-mom. I will be b-back bef-fore 11 AM.