Scene 7: Saturday, 8.43 AM

INT: STATION SUPERINTENDENT'S OFFICE, GROUND FLOOR, KMS

SFX: DISTANT SPARROW CHIRPS

ASST. THAPPAR: And sir, these are the documents you asked for yesterday.

SUP. VENKATESH: Keep them here.

HE TAKES A SIP OF COFFEE FROM HIS MUG.

And about the faulty token stand. Tell Sagar to check on it at 2 PM. That's when there are less commuters.

ASST. THAPPAR: Yes sir.

A TWO BEAT KNOCK ON THE DOOR. SUP. VENKATESH PLACES HIS MUG ON THE DESK.

SUP. VENKATESH: See Rajesh, if you knock, I can stop what I'm currently doing and then call you in.

ASST. THAPPAR: Yes sir. (beat) Sorry sir.

SUP. VENKATESH:(calls) Yes, come in.

THE DOOR CREAKS OPEN.

SG MURTHY: (panting) Sir.

SUP. VENKATESH: Oh, Ms. Murthy. What's the matter? Here, take a seat. Rajesh, get her some water.

ASST. THAPPAR: Yes sir-

SG MURTHY: No need, sir. Thank you. (beat) Sir, can I see the CCTV footage of October 26th? Just the last hour.

SUP. VENKATESH: The one with the boy? (beat) I told you to leave him alone.

SG MURTHY: Yes sir. I just wanted to see the clip one last time. I want to confirm something.

SUP. VENKATESH: Hmph. Ms. Murthy, stop taking this too seriously. He didn't cause any harm to anyone. And isn't it your shift now?

SG MURTHY: Yes sir, but-

SUP. VENKATESH: This is not right. Ms. Murthy, your job is to protect commuters from harm and to catch those who cause it. If you concentrate on this college boy, you'll miss many critical incidents.

SG MURTHY: I know, sir. But I'm not letting this affect my work. You've seen me handle three incidents just yesterday afternoon-

SUP. VENKATESH: That's one day. The more you get invested in this, you'll miss potential crimes. You won't be able to protect the ones who actually need your help.

SG MURTHY: (exhales slowly) I understand sir. I'll end this here.

SUP. VENKATESH: Good. (beat) Now get back to work.

SG MURTHY: Yes sir.

SHE EXITS THE ROOM.

SUP. VENKATESH: Rajesh, close the door.

ASST. THAPPAR: Yes sir.

DOOR CREAKS CLOSE

Sir?

SUP. VENKATESH: Hmm.

HE TAKES A SIP OF HIS COFFEE

ASST. THAPPAR: What if the boy does turn out to be a threat?

SUP. VENKATESH: Then, our guard will catch him. And for that, she needs to stay vigilant of her surroundings, and not just the boy. (beat) Now, have you seen my pen? I'm not able to find it.

ASST. THAPPAR: Here, sir. You can use this one.