Chapter 4 - Racing with Death

EUNHYUK's P.O.V.

The whole night after that Aeni slept peacefully. She just had a nightmare but refused to talk about it, the next day, this morning, I woke up just to see her preparing for the day.

"Hmm, good day." She answered sparingly.

"Eun Yoo already went to school, and I already prepared for the breakfast." She said as she pointed out the breakfast she cooked.

Kimbap and Kimchi Jjigae. I can see that it looks really good, and judging by its aroma and scent, it is indeed.

"Hmm, I can see, thanks for this," I said, looking at her with a smile.

"Kimbap takes so long to prepare, did you wake up so early? How come I didn't notice it?"

"Well, I didn't mean to wake up." That was the only thing she said.

Was it perhaps she had a nightmare again? Or was it because something bothered her? Or was it because she was not comfortable here?

Why am I even worrying?

"I thought that I should join you for breakfast," she said as she swiftly got the chair and sat next to me.

The whole atmosphere was silent as I took the plates and gave her one. She then sat on the chair and helped me get the food. I took one bite and didn't even notice that I savoured every piece of it.

"Wah, how did you learn to cook this good?" A curious voice of mine echoes the small space.

"Independence." She replied.

"Just get ready, I'm already done showering. I'll take you with me--"

"What? No, I can go-"

"Just."

She finished speaking before I could even complain. She then gave me her look which made me say yes to what she offered. I felt frozen in this state.

"Oh, alright then, you've done so much I don't even know what to repay."

"Just, take care of Eun Yoo and yourself."

Myself??

What does she mean by that? She's indeed unpredictable. And odd.

"Come on now, get ready or we will be late."

-

Now Playing: Breakin' Dishes - Rihanna

"Wait for me, or if you want to come with me you can." She said with her usual cold tone of voice as she looked at me with her poker face.

"Alright, it's better to come with you so we can go together...?"

"I'll just go to my unit and get you another helmet, I cannot afford to lose my damn license."

We went inside her unit, opened the door to her living room welcomed us. As lifeless as ever. So clean. Neat. Tidy. Kept in place.

"Hm. There it is. This one is for you."

As she got the helmet with her hands, I roamed around her living room. Even the smell is pleasing, her place seems like there is no single dust. Just so clean.

"You surely keep your place orderly, huh?"

"Hm. I can't live with a place so messy."