Chapter 26: Xiao Yu, you are famous again.

Zhang Shuo and Qu Lingbei could hardly believe their ears when they received Lu Chengyu's phone call. Mr. Lu had contacted the theatre chain so quickly, and the other side was the famous Yuhe Film City in China. This was beyond their expectations.

“This Mr. Lu is not a simple man.” Qu Lingbei recalled Lu Chengyu's usual behaviour. He was a very graceful and easygoing young man. The crew, from the director to the handyman, had a good impression of him.

Furthermore, this person was aware of the shortcomings of an amateur director; when shooting films, he never criticized them, nor did he tell the scriptwriter to revise the script just because of an actor's flattery. His actions were truly rare in the circle.

Writers in this circle —— apart from some famous ones —— for the most part, would be forced to change the script. Sometimes, they would even need to change the male protagonist to the second male lead, the female protagonist to the third female lead. At first, they thought Lu Chengyu wanted to act in this movie and use the investment money as a ticket to do so. However, contrary to expectations, Lu Chengyu didn't have much interest in filming. He only played a minor supporting role in order to fit the image and save the cost.

"Ability is ability, but as long as I look at his face, I will unconsciously regard him as a fresh graduate student,” Zhang Shuo scratched his head. “Then, we will send the things to him now?”

"If you don't send it over, do you intend to keep it for yourself?" He remembered that the poster was designed by Mr. Lu, and the poster maker was also the person Mr. Lu contacted. “Quickly go and move the things to the car.”

They moved the leaflets and posters to some worn-out vans and headed all the way to Yuhe Film City. When they arrived, Lu Chengyu was already waiting for them by the gate.

"Both of you have worked hard," Lu Chengyu went to them and helped to pick up a box of items. “I already got in touch with Zhuang-ge. We'll go up now.”

Zhang Shuo followed him nervously. After entering the elevator, Zhang Shuo asked uneasily, “Mr. Lu, how many showtimes a day will the owner of Yuhe Film City arrange for us?”

“Worried?” Lu Chengyu turned to Zhang Shuo and Qu Lingbei, both of whom were nervous, and laughed, “I believe in you guys. Even if they arrange fewer showtimes in the beginning, they will certainly add more later.”

Zhang Shuo and Qu Lingbei blushed when they heard this, but they felt that Mr. Lu's words were sincere, and he wasn't just speaking to comfort them.

The door wasn't closed when they arrived at the office. Inside, they saw Zhuang Yu talking to someone on the phone.

Lu Chengyu took the two men back a few steps, waited for Zhuang Yu to hang up the phone, then went up and knocked on the door frame twice. Outside the door, he said, “Zhuang-ge, are you busy?”

"Xiao Lu?" Seeing Lu Chengyu with two other men, Zhuang Yu smiled and let them in. After a few words, he led the conversation to the main track and began talking about advertisements and allocating cinemas.

Nowadays, the profit share of the cinema chain wasn't much, and Zhuang Yu also had no intention of competing for the benefits in this area with Lu Chengyu. Because Yuhe Film City had a lot of cinemas under its name, the main topic of conversation between the two was about division of cinemas for《Soaring Birds》.

Zhang Shuo and Qu Lingbei watched Zhuang Yu and Lu Chengyu calling each other xiong di, laughing and talking about the cinemas' division. Clearly, it was a warm scene, but as they both stared, stunned, they couldn't help but feel there were some kind of confrontation going on between the two men.