Chapter 55

Cao Jingshen cleaned his ears to make sure that what he heard just now was not his own illusion, so he said, "Xiao Lu, you mean being together..."

"It's together," Lu Chengyu smiled and stretched out his thumb, then bent it, "You understand."

"I don't want to understand at all," Cao Jingshen wiped his face. "The rumours about you on the Internet were very vigorous. I thought it was the people on the internet who were talking nonsense. I didn't expect it to be me who is too naive." But, how could this be? The two people walked together so silently, so fast that he couldn't react.

"This happened just a few days ago. I told you when I came to the company. Is it enough buddy?" Lu Chengyu lied on Cao Jingshen's desk with a smile, "I haven't come to work these days. Thank you for your hard work."

"Who is your buddy?" Cao Jingshen snorted, then looked at Lu Chengyu with a sceptical look, "You tell me this, maybe you want me to prevent other women in the company from approaching the boss, right?" It's not that he is too careful, but Lu Chengyu was really thinking too much.

"How is it possible that I am that kind of person?" Lu Chengyu sighed, "You really don't know me, further with a self-disciplined person like Brother Mu, how could that happen."

"Yeah, I just know too much. You're here," Although Cao Jingshen was not glaring at him, he still knew a little bit about Lu Chengyu. This person seemed to be personable, but in fact he was small-minded and loved to hold grudges. No matter how good his words were, he couldn't hide his fox-like nature, "That's why I doubted you."

Lu Chengyu smiled and didn't refute. He raised his wrist and looked at the time, "Forget it, I'll go up and do things. Brother Mu stayed up late and worked overtime every night, and if he stayed up, I would be worried that it would affect his health."

"Okay go," Cao Jingshen drove Lu Chengyu out like a fly. He waited until the office door was closed and frowned.

"How come the two of them are together?" As a straight man, Cao Jingshen didn't quite understand how people of the same gender fell in love, not to mention the resistance from the Yan family and the Mu family behind them. This kind of love affair that was not in line with secular values seems to be unopposed by many people on the internet, and even a large part of them were supportive. But in fact, after leaving the online world, many people could not accept homosexuality, and some even found it disgusting and perverted.

The reality was often more cruel and helpless than the internet, but no one could leave the herd and live alone[1].

"Boss, this is the revised travel schedule." Tang Xuan came in with the report. Seeing Cao Jingshen's face was not so good, she smiled and said, "Boss, your expression seems as if you owe someone five hundred yuan, why is it so stinky?"

Cao Jingshen went through the schedule. This was a new schedule formulated by their secretarial department regarding the inspection of the branch next month. Because Lu Chengyu was injured, the plan was postponed for one month.

"Small things," Tang Xuan saw that Cao Jingshen didn't want to mention anything else, so she said, "Then I will go out."

"Wait a minute," Cao Jingshen hesitated, then said, "Are there any strange rumours in the company recently?"

Tang Xuan raised her eyebrows and asked instead, "For example, what kind of rumours?" Did the boss really start to be jealous of Assistant Lu?

"For example... Mr. Yan and Assistant Lu?" Cao Jingshen gave a dry cough, "Are you there?"

"Boss, you don't believe these messy rumours too?" Tang Xuan frowned, thinking of someone in the company talking. There were various internal battles between other people and Lu Chengyu, so she asked with some suspicion, "Boss, Assistant Lu is not that kind of person, don't believe other people's nonsense."