Chapter 1

"Hellooo. My name is Alex, but not the one from Target." I said while laughing. It was my first ever video and I knew it would suck. Whatever, I wasn't going to post it anyway.

Couple of months ago I started watching these videos that famous youtubers made. It changed me, my personality. I was so energetic, full of life now. I smiled everyday and I don't know why but people were jealous of me and my happiness. And I started making these jokes that everyone loved, actually it's so addicting. When you see people laughing and enjoying you and your jokes it's nice and you want to do it again.

But the problem was that my family was overprotective, which bugged most of the time. It sucks when you stay home when your friends go to parties, malls, sleepovers. I tried to change them, let them be myself.

And they were even more protective when it comes to social media. When you said the first word of it they made you shut up. Which hit bad everytime, it's like being left alone. Your friends ask for your Instagram account but you don't have one. So 'My mom doesn't let me' is my cliché sentence.

And you are probably asking why I'm filming my first ever video which I willnever post. It's because I'm home alone and scared of some psycho killing me. It may seem stupid but after the things that happened at school I do not think I will be able to go to the bathroom by myself.

I continued talking to the camera about my life problems. At the end "Have a nice life under stars." I said and closed the camera.

'Life under stars' may seem weird but I've always wanted to get on the roof everyday and watch the stars but I couldn't do it.

Then a sound came from the living room. I got a baseball stick from my brothers room and slowly walked to the living room.

I slowly opened the door to the living room, it was my dad, he was early from work which was a bit awkward.

"Hey dad. You're early today." I said with a smile on my but curiosity in my eyes.
"It's nothing I just needed a break that's it." he said. A break? Like he was fired? Oh god.
"Okay." was all I said, then I went back to my room. I sat down and thought, nothing. I just sat there.

A few hours later my mom came. The house was pretty quiet today. No one really talked a lot, including me. They were all too weird but they were going to say it anyway so all I could do was wait.

I went back to my room and thought what I wanted from life. They weren't impossible but they were not too possible too. Like I knew that I wanted a new start, because the one I did here wasn't what I have wanted and people know me by my old me not my new me. It sounds awkward but it's true. You can't change a person's thoughts about you, so they know what they saw at first. And I want my new start to be in California, with the beach and the sun, famous places and people. I'm bored of rainy and cold UK. It sucks.

And I have an American accent so I would fit in there, because I lived in US for two years and I got used to that and I never tried to change it because I never wanted to live here. I'm not saying my life sucks, it's actually pretty good compared to other people. It's just not what I have wanted.

So I thought again, all I wanted was a new start in California. But it was never going to happen.

I looked my watch, it was 23:35 and I still had a ton of homework to do. It looks like I'm not getting any sleep today.