Chapter 7

WHY IS EVERYONE TRYING TO SAVE ALEX TODAY... THIS TIME, IT MIGHT BE A JACK THING

The Phoenix's Guys were really starting to piss off Alex: they arrested him, they almost jeopardize his mission to save Jack and now they had been following him! He ignored where the blonde dude was, but the big mohawk hairstyle guy was here probably thinking he could save him. What a mistake! Jack was still aiming his gun at Murdoc's head, what made Murdoc sneer.

"Do you really want us to start a contest on -which one of us will be able to pull the trigger first without our little friend here being killed- Be my guest!"

After a few seconds, Jack reluctantly lowered his gun. As doing so, he didn't pay attention to the dark figure sneaking behind him.

"Behind you!" Alex tried to warn him, but it was too late, the newcomer knocked Jack unconscious.

***

JACK WILL HAVE PREFER TO SPEND TIME AT HOME TODAY AND NOT IN THE BACK OF A TRUCK WITH A GRUMPY TEENAGER

When he regained consciousness, Jack wasn't in the building anymore but in a back of a truck, his hands tied behind his back. He guessed the truck was driving on a country road judging by the jerks of the vehicle. The driver wasn't even trying to avoid the pothole on his way, and each time Jack's head felt like it was being stabbed with a hundred sharpened knives at the same time. Probably a concussion. The kid was sitting in front of him, unharmed and staring at him.

"What you did was stupid," Alex simply stated.

"I tried to save your life!" He answered back.

"What a success! I've never asked you anything!"

"They are going to kill you kid!" Jack gazed wide-eyed at him.

"I do NOT care! All that matters is to protect her even if I die doing so!"

Jack felt that it was pointless to discuss this right now. But he knew the feeling all too well after working with Mac for years. He had never met someone with such disregard for his own life. The kid was exactly the same, but Jack had no time for that, he had to find a way out of that truck.

He switched his brain into 'WWMD' mode, a thing he used to do on mission when everything went to shit, and Mac wasn't available: What Would Mac Do mode. But in that situation, as incredible Mac could be, there was nothing he could work with in the pickup: the floor was made of steel, and nothing was lying around.

"What are you doing?" Alex asked.

"Trying to channel my inner Mac."

"What's with him? From what I learned, Murdoc and he have quite a history."

"Long story but to keep short, the man's quite obsess with him. His toying with him since they met. Mac is like a challenge for him and each time they met again, he doesn't seem like he wants to kill him more like keeping him as a trophy or something. The guy's a creep. Last time, I was called up by the army, I wasn't there, and Murdoc almost killed him that time. I almost lost him that day; I'm never letting Mac near that psycho again. Mac's my brother ya know. Hell man, Mac is my boy!"

Alex nodded in understandingly and it broke Jack's heart. It broke his heart to see that a sixteen-year-old boy could understand the fear of losing everything. Then he swore to himself that no matter what, he would save the kid. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the previous one was short, here a second for today. Hope you enjoyed the reading!

AlyMcShizzle