4. The Rankings

Everyone knew SM got one of the most difficult training of all agencies. There were so many evaluations: weekly, monthly, every quarter, semester, and the annual ones. If you didn't pass the evaluation at the end of a semester, they'd drop you out of the program.

Each evaluation was a matter of life and death for them.

The trainees got evaluated regularly, and there were rankings for Best Vocals, Best Dancers and Best Rappers. The rankings would be printed on papers and put on the bulletin board in front of the trainees practice room until the next month when it would be renewed.

"Who's name are you looking for, exactly?"

Jaehyun nearly jumped out of his skin. He turned around and saw Yuta standing behind him, trying to read the list as well.

"I saw you reading this list every first week of the month, for the past three months."

"Bikkuri shimashita!!! (I'm shocked.)"

He didn't like how Yuta's expression turned even more suspicious.

"Yah, Jaehyunnie, you always switch to Japanese with me when you're in trouble, ever since we first met. Out with it. Who's your crush, huh?"

"What crush? I have none! Hyung, let me buy you dinner," he grinned, hooking his arm with the older guy, dragging him away from the junior's bulletin board.

"And now you're trying to bribe me. Your black credit card won't work on me. I need to know who you're watching out for, or I'm not Nakamoto Yuta.'

"Aigoo, Hyung, why are you spying on me?"

"I'm not spying on you, I just notice things."

"Hyung, can you not notice me too much?"

"Maybe if you buy me some sashimi, I'll notice you less."

"I'll order now, let's eat in the practice room with everyone."

"You're buying everyone sashimi?"

"Of course! I love all my members!"

"Seriously, who's the girl?"

"Omo, I think I suddenly forgot my credit card's PIN," he exclaimed dramatically, holding his temple.

Yuta snickered, "Uri Jaehyunnie is growing up. Ahrasseo, I won't ask further."

Jaehyun heaved a sigh of relief as he took out his phone to order sashimi for his friends.

Meanwhile, a certain Kim Min Jeong topped the rankings for Best Vocal for that month's trainees evaluation.

****************************

Author's Note: 

This fic has reached 100 views on Wattpad, hahah. Thank you for reading this!

Find me on twitter moondongeun142

Short update because it's nearly time for me to go to work.