5. Vocal Training

5. Vocal Training

He left his room blearily, wanting some warm water. Or tea and honey, if he could find the energy to make it.

He found the older members eating together around the dining table.

"Are you feeling better?" Taeyong asked.

He tried to answer but ended up coughing violently.

"Aigoo," Taeyong sighed, patting his back.

He drank half a glass of warm water and tried to take a deep breath.

"Your dad sent you some medicines. Have some food, take the medicine, then go back to bed," Johnny instructed.

He nodded wordlessly, reaching for some tissue for his runny nose.

The ahjumma that cooked for them put his lunch in front of him.

He ate silently for a while, before realizing some of the members were not there.

"Where are the others?" he croaked.

Taeil, Doyoung and Haechan were not around. These people usually enjoyed having meals with the other members at the dorm when they could.

"They went to SM," Yuta answered.

"For what?"

"Be guest trainers for the female vocal trainees."

Jaehyun wanted to reply but he suddenly dissolved into a violent cough again, the most horrible that day.

Even Mark came out from his room hearing it. It really sounded like Jaehyun was dying.

"God, Jaehyun Hyung? He gotta go to the hospital," Mark exclaimed, concerned.

He waved his hand to signal a no, as Johnny checked his temperature.

"This kid has a fever," he announced.

"Why did–no one asked--me? To--train them--too?"

His friends stared at him.

"Yah, look at you," Taeyong asked back, "You're so sick!'

"But I'm--the vocal line--too!"

Everyone thought he was that dedicated, wanting to work though he's very sick.

"Hyung, your health is more important," Mark replied, teary-eyed and putting his hand on Jaehyun's shoulder.

"But–"

"It's ok, Jaehyun-ah. I'm proud of your commitment. However, if you don't rest now, you'll be absent from our group's activities last week. Gwaenchana, the management agreed with me, your health matters more," Taeyong assured, looking deeply moved as well.

He wanted to bang his chopsticks, yet he held it in, as his bandmates patted his back.

Meanwhile, he really didn't like how Yuta looked at him. His expression clearly stated, "So.......she's a vocal trainee, huh?"

Jaehyun ignored him and resumed his lunch, trying hard not to bang his bowls. Damn, flu! He hated it so much!

*************************

When he woke up again and checked his phone, it was 9 PM. His throat was so dry, so he walked to the dining room again, this time finding the vocal line eating fried chicken together.

They were talking about Spiderman: Homecoming. Apparently, they watched it together after the training was done.

He drank the warm water silently.

"Wait, I'll make you that drink," Doyoung said.

"The photos are here. Wow, they're all really cute!" Haechan gushed.

"Haechan suddenly became so cool in front of them earlier," Doyoung added, mixing some lemon slices with honey and warm water for Jaehyun.

"No, I didn't! I acted normally. It was you who smiled too much!"

"I didn't! You're the one who suddenly agreed to duet with Ningning!"

"I was giving her feedback!"

Jaehyun received the concoction gratefully and started drinking it.

Everyone was looking at the photos of the trainees and them earlier.

Winwin was also there and looked at the photos.

"Ayya, they were holding Cherry Bomb albums!"

"Ne, they brought it earlier and asked for our signatures," Taeil replied.

Jaehyun said nothing, but his grip on his mug tightened.

Damn this flu, why did I have to get sick today of all days!

"This girl collects Jaehyun Hyung's photocards, though!" Haechan suddenly exclaimed loudly.

"Which girl?" Winwin asked.

"This one. Her friends said she asked everyone to trade so she could have Jaehyun's photocard."

Jaehyun stood up to see the girl Haechan was pointing at.

And there you have it, Haechan was pointing at Kim Min Jeong.

"Ah, gotjimal (you're lying)," he huffed.

"I'm not lying! When I was going to sign her album, your photocard fell down, and her friend said she hoped the card was ok, because it wasn't easy for her to get it."

"Hahahah, look, his ears are sooo red right now!" Taeil teased.

"I have a fever!"

Winwin put his hand on Jaehyun's forehead. "You have no fever anymore."

"Mwolla. I'm going back to bed. You guys are too noisy!"

"Is he really angry?" Haechan asked guiltily.

"He's just sick, so he's in a bad mood," Winwin replied.

"Jaehyun-ah, get well soon!" Doyoung said loudly.

Jaehyun closed his bedroom door, and climbed back to bed, then covered himself with the bedcover, including his face.

He was grinning madly. He wanted to hide his face, even from himself.

**********************""

Author's Note: 

Basically baby Jaehyun being a baby. 

Thank you for reading. 

If you want, you can find me on twitter: moondongeun142