Late Night Dancin' | Ness x Reader

FLUFF | Requested Oneshot! Hope you Ness lovers like this one <3

It's the closing shift and it was only you and Ness on duty. The last couple of customers and the cook had just left Sparky's so it was time to close for the day. You and Ness are best friends, you both went to high school together and stayed close until now. Ever since you could remember you've always had a crush on him, but you never wanted to obstruct your friendship so you decided to stay silent all these years.

While you took a record of today's profit, Ness checked and wrote down the supplies that we needed to stock up on. Your manager Macey was pretty chill and knew you both worked well together so she always partnered you guys up during shifts. She saw how well you handled customers, from Karens to the sweetest people who tipped more than they should've.

The room was silent, but it was a comfortable silence. Then, Ness spoke up;

"Y'know, every time I get to see you– on and off work, I get really excited."

"What makes you say that?"

"I don't know, I guess it just means I'm grateful to have you as a friend."

You both made eye contact but hearing Ness call you a friend slightly hurt your feelings. It made your chest heavy and you couldn't take it anymore, you wanted him to see you as something more.

"Ness, I like you."

"Wait really?! I like you too!"

His reaction was priceless, it'd be criminal not to giggle. He was so sweet and once you found out that he reciprocated those feelings it brought you so much joy.

"Then why did you call me a friend?"

"Because I didn't want to ruin what we have now— Now I regret not saying anything first, this is embarrassing."

"Haha, no it's okay"

While the radio was playing in the background, the next song that came up was 'Dream a Little Dream of Me' by Doris Day. It was a mellow love song that you've adored ever since your mother sang it to you every night when you were little.

"I know you love this song, why don't we dance to it?"

"you also know that I'm not a good dancer."

"Please? C'mon, I'll teach you! It's simple I swear, I won't tell you to drop down like a hip-hop dancer."

"You promise?"

"Pinky, now hurry before the song ends!"

He then took you by your waist and held your right hand. You look up at him, seeing the excitement on his face. You were slightly nervous but you knew that you were in good hands.

"Here my love, follow the direction of my feet."

Hearing him call you 'my love' melted your heart. You then looked down to follow the direction of his feet.

"Okay, now turn."

As you both swayed to the music, time slowed down. You rested your head on his chest while he whispered sweet nothings to you. You then look up at him smiling, he leans in for a kiss which you gladly return.

You wanted to stay like this forever, simply dancing with him while the world progressed. But then you glanced at the clock, it was 11 pm. You both were way past your time to stay at the diner.

"Ness? It's already 11, do you wanna leave?"

"Sure, will you go home with me?"

"Okay, I'll just let Charlotte know before leaving."

Before you and Ness left, you left a voicemail to your sister on the diner's telephone.

Once you both ended up at Ness' home, you changed into a comfier pair of clothing. You couldn't help but grab Ness' hand and run to his bedroom. You jumped on his bed and patted the side next to you. He sat down next to you;

"I'm really grateful that I met you– you made my life ten times better."

"Oh stop, you're just saying that. You made mine ten times better, if not, a hundred times."

"No, I mean it. You're precious to me. I couldn't bear to lose you."

Now you were both lying in bed, before sleeping he kissed your forehead goodnight. You both exchanged good nights then ended your day by cuddling, the best way to end it. 

Oh my god we literally hit a thousand views less than two days ago and now we're at 2.5k views. THATS INSANEEE, thank you so much for all the support! FYI but i sprained my ankle, so i was absent at school all day which gave me time to write a chapter LMFAO 

+ did you notice another macey feature in this oneshot? SHES BACKKK (shes now a canon character) 

Again, please leave a vote if you enjoyed this one! I'll be updating more and more soon ๑(◕‿◕)๑

708 Words.