Welcome to Sparky's Diner! | Doug x Reader

FLUFF | This is a requested oneshot, I'll have another chapter out soon! It'll be another fluff oneshot. I also plan to write a chapter with William Afton which will be angst (and smut).

Once you clocked into your 8 AM shift, you grabbed some menus to lay out on the bar counter and a notepad to take down orders. You heard the door open to see Doug walkin' in. He was one of your regulars, occasionally bringing in clients to discuss their case. You walked towards his table, bringing a menu for him even though you're aware of his order;

"Hi Doug! Welcome to Sparky's Diner, stack 'a pancakes?"

"Yes please."

He was always happy to see you, always a cheeky grin on his face that can be seen from miles away. He loved your southern accent, how sweet you are, and he's the one person who appreciates how you're always offering to help others. You knew he had a little crush on you which you reciprocated, it's just that you both haven't made a first move yet. It was admirable how sweet yet awkward he was, it was fun to be around him. You wanted to ask him out, but then you saw Jan walk in. You hated Jan, she treated Doug with such disrespect and constantly demanded things that were out of his control. Just because he's her lawyer doesn't mean he'll go over the extent of being one just from paying him. You knew what goes on with her, wanting her niece Abby for money given monthly. Mike would talk with his aunt sometimes at the diner, and you could see how much he despised her too, he was determined to keep his sister.

"Hi Jan! Welcome to Sparky's Din-"

"Shut it, I'm talking to Doug here."

"Would you like to order?"

"No, leave."

In which you did, you couldn't take another second of being around her. As much as you wanted to yell at her, you couldn't jeopardize the reputation of the diner. White eavesdropping on their conversation, you immediately noticed how desperate she was for that money not leaving a single care for Abby. She recently heard about Mike's new job and wanted him to look dirty. She planned to invite his 'babysitter' Max who was secretly spying on whatever he was doing and her brother for another time. Doug looked anxious about the idea, of committing a crime while trying to convince the court you're worth taking care of a child? A shady business he didn't wanna be in.

Sooner or later Jan left, thankfully. As you walked over to Doug saying;

"How was it with Jan?"

"It wasn't great at all, I'm not on board with her plan but I have no choice."

"I hope it works out for you Doug, she's not a good client you know."

"I know— but I haven't been getting any new ones recently so I kinda need this money."

"I'll always be here if you need help."

"Nono, it's okay, I'll always have enough money to dine here."

You both laughed it off but you couldn't get the courage to ask him out since he was just in a stressful situation.

It was the next day and you saw Doug walk in again, you were eager to ask him out today. While preparing his usual order, you slipped in your phone number and a little message.

"Enjoy Doug!"

"Thank you!"

You've always loved the way Doug looked at you while you placed down his food, it was relieving since you had to deal with stubborn customers throughout the day. It was almost your break, as you watched him discover the phone number with a message that read;

"I'd like to see you outside of the diner. :)"

It gave him a wave of butterflies in his stomach. Incredibly excited to call you after hours for those nostalgic late-night calls that strengthen bonds. You looked at the time and you realized that it was your break so you had time to speak with Doug.

"Hey Macey it's 12, can you take over my shift for me please?"

"I got it, no worries, go talk to your man!"

"Hi Doug! Enjoy your food?"

"Always, is it your break?"

"Yes, I wanted to speak with you."

"About this?" While he pulled out the written phone number.

"Yes.. I did want to ask more about it though."

"What is it?"

"I've been interested in you for quite a while... And I wanted to ask you out."

"Of course! I've always felt the same way about you too."

You both felt extremely about the date, even without any set date or time. You decided to sit next to him instead of across him to continue your conversation. It was seldom that you both had a one-on-one talk at the diner, you were always occupied with work– so finally talking to Doug felt amazing. You immediately felt comfortable around him, not afraid to speak what's on your mind. Without noticing, your head started to land on his shoulder. Once it did, still occupied with what you're saying, Doug fell extremely silent, tensing up while having no idea what to do. It went like this until you noticed that he wasn't responding.

"Doug?"

You then realized you were resting your head on him, immediately backing off.

"I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay, I liked it."

"Hey, it's time to get back on." Macey said.

"Okay, I'll be right there."

"See you on our date Doug!"

Since this oneshot doesn't feature a main character I'll release another one straight away. Leave a vote if you enjoyed this one!

886 Words.