Chapter 1

"Cover Me" by Stray Kids

It happened again. I been having these dreams of this strange guy. I never met him before, but maybe I seen his face somewhere. I haven't told anyone because I thought they would just go away, but they feel so real. It's as if I was actually talking to him. How can I tell someone and not sound off my rockers?

I get up from my bed. The sun is perking through the blinds. Must be a good day because the birds are singing awfully loud today. 

You would've thought I was some special person from receiving these dreams as if they were destined. You would be wrong, I'm like everybody else. I struggle to find a job. I live day to day doing anything to get by, wishing for change. If that change could come through dreams, then why can't change come to reality?

I recently found a job. I restock at the local grocery store. I put things on shelves and by night, I have conversation with a man I do not know. 

"Y/N?" I turn around and it's my manager.

"Ah, sorry. Were you saying something?"

"No, just passing by. I noticed you were just standing there staring at the shampoos."

"Oh, right."

"Well, get back to it." They walk away. 

Get back to it? Get back to what? Thinking or working? I straighten out the shampoos and move on. Just a few more hours and then I'll be gone. 

-----------------

It's a quiet life. I don't get out much or see my friends. We're all busy and live far, but the again I rarely speak with my friends. The ones that are close to me, if feel that there's a disconnect. The one that lives far is understandable, but when I see them again. It's like nothing changed. I fear that I don't really belong anywhere and that I'm just there.

I sat my dinner down on the table and fell upon the couch. I cried. I cried again and again and again. My life is so boring. I don't know what to do with myself. The man in my dreams gives me hope and the only one who sees me without knowing me. Would I want to go to sleep if that means I get to see him? No, not like this.

I don't even feel like eating anymore. I put the food away and went to my room. The moonlight is seeping through. I open my window and breathe in the sweet crisp air. The moon is shining brightly, and I can't help but talk to it. I cry even more on the floor of my room as I express how I feel to the moon. I have nothing going for me. I fell into a deep trance soon later, tired from all my crying. 

-----------------

"Hug?" He said to me.

"It's you again."

"It is, hug?"

"Why?"

"Hugs are very important as it makes everything better."

"I never asked you for your name."

"Chris, Chan to some."

"...I'll give you a hug now."

He backs away, "but I don't even know your name."

"Y/N."

"Beautiful."

It's quiet after the hug. Neither of us spoke. He would sit or get up and wander around, but stayed close to me. I sat and watched him.

"Why do you come to my dream?"

"What? This is your dream. Honestly, I didn't know any of this."

"Are you joking?"

"Well, I see you're not in the mood. So," He lets out a deep sigh. "Not really, but I just accepted it. I guess something supposed to come of it. Why not make the best of it?"

"Are you sleep right now?"

"I don't know, am I? I know you are."

"What?"

-----------------

There he goes and I still don't get a real answer. 

===========================================================================

Author's Note:

I usually don't do author notes on the first chapter, but I would like to say how proud I am of Stray Kids and how far they have come. This song, written by Hyunjin with the help of Bang Chan is so beautiful and colorful. I don't know how this song came about, but I hear all of the Stray Kid members wishes and most genuine heart in this song. I can't wait to see more of what they bring to this world that we live in. We are so lucky to be able to hear their voices and walk this world with them. 

No matter what is going on in the world. They will be someone there for and with you. Whether it's yourself, God (if you believe in any), the universe, friends, family, or even a squirrel that comes across your window. You're not alone even if that's how you feel. Allow yourself to feel those emotions. No one can make the world a perfect place, but you can make the smallest difference (to the world, the people around, or yourself). I'm sorry about anything wrong within the life you live. I would say things get better, but it's all how you view the world, and I can't promise anything. 

My words may not help you, but the reason you're reading this story is for Chan or Stray Kids. Listen to the words they sing. Be encouraged by what they speak and allow yourself to feel. Whether the feeling you have are negative or positive. 

Enjoy the following story and take it easy.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆