Chapter 6

"I'm Lonely" by Luz

Re-stocking shelves, I'm in the technology section. I look through the movies wishing I could take them home with me. There's too many to count and then I would have to pay. Obviously, and I don't condone stealing.

Next to the movies were music albums. The album of kpop groups is always so amusing to look at. I wondered who comes up with the concept and the work they put into it. It's truly liked no other.

What if I was written into a story? I wonder how that would be like. How would I be portrayed? What would my life be?

-----------------

"You're lonely, aren't you?"

"Hey, what's up with you making statements and then adding 'aren't you' at the end?" He asked.

"You're deflecting."

"So are you."

"I guess I do it because I believe you either heard or believe these statements to be true."

"And if I do? So, what, that's how life goes. Just got to make it out somehow."

"I am lonely. I don't really have anyone to go to and I wait to dream just for the chance to see you. For a chance to be with someone who I feel actually cares. Just so that I could feel something... Do you have anyone that you trust and can depend on?"

"I have people. A group of them. Of course, there will be days where I would feel lonely but doesn't everyone? It's a normal feeling and you shouldn't feel indifferent because of it. One day, you'll find that someone you can depend on and trust. For now, make that someone yourself."

". . . What if I just want to cry all day, would that be, okay?"

"Why wouldn't it be? There'll be days like that where you just want to let everything off. There's probably a lot of things you held onto... Having a day full of crying, just a day of letting everything go is something I recommend."

With that came silence. A faint light began to get in my view of him.

-----------------

It's shining brightly today. The sun rising in the sky. "Today is time for change, isn't it?"

I opened the store today. It's just me until a few of the staff come in.

"Good... morning." I progress to say as loudly as I could get my voice to be.
They stopped and looked at me, puzzled was the look on their face.

"Good morning?"

They continued on their way. It must've been weird since I don't really talk to any of them. They never even seen me smile before.

I continued trying my best to greet customers and helping them. I had a kid even wave at me from a far. I put a smile on my face as I waved back.

I think I'm doing it. I'm getting there. I wonder what dream boy would say.

===========================================================================