Chapter 7

"Forgotten Heroes" by 3rd Silhouette

"Who's your hero?

"Ah, My parents. Or everyone in my life? It's started with my parents; they gave me everything I could possibly need. Along the way, people came and went but that's expected in life. The 7 that stayed, saved me."

He shakes his head as he brings his lips in and looks to the ground.

"You must've been through a lot then?"

"Yeah, but what about you?

"My hero is you."

He looks up at me, "oh really? How?"

"You... saved me. I was beginning to think that my life would've been no different from the days before. That I would've gotten nowhere. But when I see you, when I'm with you, you make feel like change can happen.
You know why? Because you have helped me without even physically being here with me. The kind words you share to me. It's like you never even given up on me and I can only thank you for that.
I'm doing better because of the kind words you said. I believe I could because you believed that I would."

"Thank you. I dont know what to say truly, but you give me too much credit. You did all that because you wanted to."

"I'm sorry that I was so closed off to you in the beginning."

"It's understandable, you had your guard up and I couldn't changed that except be there for you even if you didn't want me to. Just know I'll always be here."

A quote Alexandra Vasiliu, the author of "Blooming".

"Hold me like the night holds the moon."

"Oh cool."

"Could you hold me?"

"Oh yeah, no problem. Just that?"

"Yes, just wrap your arms around me as I close my eyes, please."

"Do you speak in quotes?"

"No, I just like them. They can express feelings you can't say, just like songs."

"I have a lyric for you."

"Oh really, what is it?"

"You're the one who decides the end."
(From "Grow Up" by Stray Kids)

"Who said that?"

"A group, named Stray Kids."

I relaxed in his arms. They covered me and the warmth of his body brings me peace. I close my eyes, wishing I could document this moment. Can I please stay in this dream with him?

He holds me tightly. His hands rub my arms gently. He opens his mouth slightly then whispers,

"I'm proud of you. Always will be."

===========================================================================