Chapter 5

"I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz (Cover by your boy, Christopher, 
HannieQuokka on YouTube)

"Did you see the moon, today? It was so pretty."

"I did. It was great."

"You know what else is great?"

"What?"

"You."

"Oh my, stop."

"I mean it. You're amazing, pretty, and bright. You're so cool, Y/N."

"You remembered my name."

"I do."

"You really know how to make someone feel special."

"I guess I do."

"Hey, I have a question. What are you like outside of the dreams?"

"I'm the same, I suppose. I don't really know how to answer that question."

"For me, I'm quiet and don't really talk to others. I get sly comments in my head. I try not to. Ever since I been around you, I been changing my ways."

"That's good that you're doing better. Outside of the dreams, I have a lot on my plate. I lead a group and have a very busy schedule. I get exhausted, but it's what I signed up for and I wouldn't change it. Just give longer breaks, haha. For how I act, it's the same."

"I wonder."

"Wonder what?"

"You seem like you have people who love to see you."

"You can say that but I'm just like everyone else."

"Yes, yes. I wasn't saying you're not. . . You're an extrovert, aren't you?"

"I guess, yes."

"How did we get stuck together?"

"You say it like it's a bad thing."

"Oh, no! See, I'm not really good talking with people. I mean, I don't know what I mean."

"You're still trying to figure out the dream theory."

"Yeah."

He hesitates but then begins to rub my shoulder.

"Listen, we both don't know but don't let it stop you from opening up to me."

"You're a flirt, aren't you?"

He gets off me and moves away.

"What makes you say that?"

"You're kidding?"

"I'm not."

"You want to know about me. You're rubbing my shoulder and always want a hug. You're giving many compliments to me."

"That's just who I am. I'm a playful person. What can I say? . . . Do I make you smile?"

"You do." I say smiling.

"That's what I like to see."

===========================================================================