Prologue

5 years ago.

"Brandon, let go. He's done." I felt a hand on my shoulder accompanied by my younger brother Raphael voice. I look down at the bastard John below me and he was out and unconscious with a busted lip and nasty face.

I stood from straddling his torso and immediately felt the soreness on my knuckles. I looked forward and saw Raphael standing with our youngest brother Shane beside him. Shane wore a bit worried look and I noticed where he was looking at it was at the unconscious body behind me.

"Come on. Let's go." I stride forward towards the exit before stopping in front of Shane and ruffling his hair. He looked up and smiled at me softly and I returned it before exiting and heading towards our car.

Shane was always known to be the 'soft one'. He was never into brawls and fights which led to me and Raphael protecting him all the time. We were just hanging out on the bar until suddenly John was making fun of Shane earlier which made everyone was laugh at him and it made me lose myself and attack John.

I'm already expecting everyone to spread rumors across town about us again. Like being 'troublemakers' and 'spawn of Satan'. I was fine with them talking about Raphael and me but I just hate when they include Shane on the rumor. He never did anything wrong and he was the only one who would choose peace and truce instead of fighting.

I was sitting on the passenger's seat and Raphael was driving as silence filled the car. We weren't even of legal age to drive but none of us actually cared. Well Shane cared but since we needed a ride he would just let the thought go.

"We are so dead when we get home." Shane murmured but Raphael and I heard it clearly.

"No, we're not. Mom's dead. No one will scold us when we get home." I actually expected Raphael to be happy about what he just said but I felt the sadness and grief in his voice as he said it. I looked at both of them and notice the sadness in their faces. None of us would be happy at remembering our mother's death. It happened a week ago and for me, maybe to them as well, the memory was certainly fresh.

The three of us were always talked about around town. We were always one of the topics of gossips. Mostly it was because we were good-looking and if it weren't hearts that we broke, it would be other people's faces. We all had chestnut brown hair but I was the tallest and Shane was a bit skinny which made him differ from Rafe and I.

I looked by the window and noticed the path that led to the old Barlow's Mansion. The townspeople believed that the old mansion was haunted and maybe that's why it was always ignored like it was never created in the first place. People would only looked at it based on what they saw, and all they saw was and ugly worn-out mansion. Ever since I was small, I've always felt a connection with the mansion. It was weird but the thought is definitely true. When I was old enough to think, promised myself that when the time comes I will buy this mansion and make it mine. But I needed money to do it first.

"Rafe, stop the car." Raphael sent me a curious look before sighing and stopping the car. I quickly climbed out of the car and heard the sound of doors opening and closing meaning they came out also. I was standing and staring in front of the abandoned mansion. No one will ever see the beauty that the mansion held. No one will ever see the potential it held for greater things.

Just like the way they see Brandon Dolin.

"When are you leaving?" I looked at Shane who just asked me a question and he looked like I was going to be leaving at not coming back.

"Tonight." I quickly thought of my departure and what I would do once I was out of this town.

I had to leave. I felt like I was going nowhere. I hated the damn town, the farm town and the damn trap I could feel myself sinking every day. Rafe had his books and his school and Shane always loved the farm. And that leaves me where? Emptiness.

"Do you really have to leave?" I felt Shane hug me tight and when I look back to Raphael, he just nodded at me like he knew what I felt.

"Yes I do. I've got to get away from here Shaney. If I stay here I'll end up being a drunk and die unhappily. Rafe has his law school and you have the farm. You always loved the farm. Take care of it; sell some of the land if you have to but never let them take the farm. Mom always loved the farm and it's the only thing that reminds us of her. I'll send you money whenever I can." Shane was silent and was continuously nodding. Soon, he let go of the hug and I pulled both of them to a group hug.

"I'll come back, I promise. And when I do, I'll prove to all of them that we are not troublemakers or spawn of Satan. We'll show them that they're wrong. Rafe, you better ba lawyer when I come back."

We stayed there, hugging and chuckling like we were afraid to let go. My brothers were the only people I love that are still alive. And I treasure them more than anything.

I will come back. Not just for myself but for the both of them.

 Not just for myself but for the both of them