Chapter 9- I have never...

[A photo above of the sizzling Scott Eastwood who portrays Brandon Dolin.]

Edmund's POV

I tried to take my mind away from what Brandon said that night. He told me he liked me. A part of me believed it but a part of me believed it was his way to earn my heart. I couldn't sleep that night. Thinking about the fact that I'll be running in town half-naked had kept me awake. I even considered what underwear I would wear once I'll run around scared me.

But something more terrified me.

It was the thought of falling in love with Brandon Dolin.

Maybe I was scared because I knew there was a big chance of it happening.

---

It was a week away from Christmas. Everyone from Maryland was rushing to a famous store called Edgar's to buy presents. Some bought their gifts in mine but most people went to his store.

Clark decided to spend his Christmas here. At first he declined but I had no idea why he called the next day saying he agreed. I was panicking, so to say. Clark grew up in the city, living in a penthouse with all the extravagant things it had. It was probably his first time here in Maryland. The house belonged to my grandmother on my mother's side so he wasn't really able to come here for once. And now he's staying for a week.

So I cleaned the house with all I could. Borrowed a few vases and ornaments from the store to make it look glorious. I just had to make Clark see the house as something better than his penthouse, which is a stretch but whatever.

Brandon was spending all his time working on the Barlow Mansion. Shane said he has never come home yet and that he was so focused on supervising the job that he decided to stay there at night.

I myself was also busy for the Barlow Mansion. Yesterday I went to an auction in the nearest city to buy paintings that Brandon wanted to put somewhere. Speaking of which, the vases and candle sticks made of crystal for the parlor and the hall would arrive today meaning I had to call Brandon to give him a heads up.

Brandon was really dedicated to this project. His dedication was something I admired of him. If it wasn't spending breakfast with me or visiting me at the store, he'd be at the mansion doing his best renovating it. It fascinated me on how serious he was on picking the tables down to the bathtub for the mansion. Shane said Brandon wanted to prove the people of Maryland that he was something. As the three of them was always seen as a nobody in town.

Picking up my phone from the table near me, I dialed Brandon. After a few rings, his manly voice could be heard over the line.

"Yes, Ed?" He said. The sound of construction blasting on the background.

"Well I just wanted to tell you that a truck is headed your way. The delivery for the vases and candlesticks is due today." I said as I dropped myself on the couch. Apparently, making your house look good was very hard.

"Oh. Okay then. I'll call you once it arrives." He replied.

Wait. That was it? No flirty remark or jokes?

"Are you busy?" I asked suddenly making me facepalm in regret.

Okay. Now you're trying to have a conversation. Nice move, Brooke.

"No. Stressed. I'm about to finish the parlor and I'm still contemplating whether the color was right." He says with a sigh.

"Well the walls of the parlor according to the books had the color..."