Chapter 5- Figure it out

[Photo above of Connor Franta that portrays Edmund Brooke.]

Edmund's POV

"Are you alright? What happened?" Shane asks me as he handed me a glass of water. I reached out for it with shaking hands mumbling 'thank you' afterwards.

I took a big gulp from the glass and put it down the counter afterwards. Shane looked at me with confusion as I pondered what happened earlier.

It was a ghost.

Fuck. It was definitely a ghost.

"Again. " Shane sighed. "Are you alright?" He asked.

"No." I answered instantly. "I mean y--yes."

Shane raised his eyebrows and after me being completely silent, he sighs before continuing what he was doing before. It was just the both of us here at their kitchen. Rafe went to the station while Brandon spoke to someone over the phone somewhere in the house. So here I was, scared out of my wits from what I saw back at the Barlow's Mansion.

"Shane." I said, making him stop in his tracks to look at me. "You practically grew up at the Barlow Mansion. Have you ever ugh...you know.."

"Jerked off there? Of course not. How lewd of you that say that Edmund." He jokes and chuckles.

"No! I mean have you... Okay this might sound completely weird but have you ever seen a ghost at the Barlow Mansion?" I asked.

Shane pauses for a minute before shaking his head.

"Nah. I've never seen a ghost there." He says with a shrug.

"Oka--"

"But the townspeople used to tell stories to children about Elizabeth Barlow still roaming the place. Even mother told us about it but we were the infamous troublemakers and both Brad and Rafe had to live up to the reputation. And of course they had to count me in." He says with soft chuckle.

"So you mean to say a ghost version Elizabeth still lives in that place?" I ask, horrified.

"Maybe. Maybe not. Some said they saw it but I don't believe them. To see is to believe, am I right?" He says and taking the empty glass of water in front of me and placing it on the sink. "Why are we talking about this anyway? It was just a story to scare a children."

"Well." I licked my lips in anxiety. "Would you believe me if I told you if I saw a ghost back when Brandon and I visited the mansion?"

He instantly looks at me with wide eyes. He stops in his tracks as if trying to comprehend what I just said.

"Nah." He then proceeds to the living room with me behind him. "It was probably a shadow."

Shane then sits on the couch, making me sit on the loveseat near it.

"But I heard sobs of a woman! And then when we left I saw a woman's shadow by the window!" I said, trying to convince him. I needed someone to tell me the ghost was real or not as of now.

"You really shouldn't stress yourself over this, Ed. Just so you know a lot of kids go there and prank people just for their personal entertainment. Perhaps you got pranked?"

Pranked?

But it seemed so real.

"What's with all the commotion?" Brandon walks in the living room. He was just wearing a plain white shirt yet somehow it stuck to all the places that it shouldn't have. Fuck, I'm a sucker for chest, abs and biceps.

"Ed?" I snapped out of my thoughts as Brandon called my name. Feeling a familiar warmth rising to my cheeks, I look over at Shane only to see him wearing a smirk.