Chapter 11 - Sign

Chapter 11 Sign

Edmund's POV

"I could've just taken a cab." Clarke grunts as he puts his suitcase on the backseat.

"Stop whining. I told you I overslept. And you didn't even wait that long."

"Not that long?!" Clarke's eyes widen as he enters the car and sits on the front seat. "I waited two hours for you. I've fired so much people for making me wait more than ten minutes."

"Again, I'm sorry. I—"

"And I don't even get a hug?" His sudden change of tone made me turn to face him, immediately seeing his grin.

"It wasn't really two hours, was it?"

"More like twenty minutes."

I quickly smacked his chest making him groan. "Jerk."

Clarke softly laughs, which he rarely does before resting his head back on the seat and closing his eyes. Probably tired from the early flight. "I missed you, mon."

"I missed you too, superman." I smiled as I exited my parking spot.

--

"So this is your room." I said, opening the door of the room next to mine. Thankfully, I had already cleaned it like a maniac the other day.

I ended up spending the night with the Dolins and also ended up forgetting about Clarke's arrival. All of this because of the ghost who suddenly appeared in that mansion. Clearly, the Elizabeth Barlow stuff had somehow messed up with my mind.

And that dream that I had. Why did it felt so real?

"Mon?" Clarke's voice breaks me out of my reverie.

"Yeah?"

"I just asked where the bathroom was."

"Oh." I gulped. "It's downstairs. We only have one bathroom here so no hogging all the hot water."

Clarke rolled his eyes.

"Also, we're having breakfast in half an hour so be sure to be ready by then." I said and he nods in reply. "And we're having breakfast at my friend's house so be nice. Got it?"

Clarke was well known throughout our family to be the one who rarely gives a fuck about anything. Well, we were close so I guess he wasn't exactly like that all the time. But after having spent time with him attending gatherings, galas, or simply breakfast with the family—he wasn't exactly the nicest person.

"No promises." He smirks before he turns, heading to the bathroom downstairs.

--

"Hello? Anybody home?" I said as I entered the front door.

"Holy fuck, they need to learn to lock their front door." Clarke mutters as he walks behind me.

"In the kitchen!" Shane's small voice calls out and we both headed towards the kitchen.

The mixed smell of pancakes, maple, and bacon had fill the air. The kitchen of the Dolin household wasn't exactly the largest but it was enough to cater us. And somehow the wooden table, shelfs, and cupboard had made look so homey. I wanted to have a kitchen like this someday.

"Good morning." Shane says as we both stood in the kitchen entrance.

Shane had worn a simple white shirt along with denim shorts. But the best thing about his look was the baby pink apron he wore. He looked completely adorable.