In Julian's Quarters

"Garak!" Julian exclaimed in surprise as he found the Tailor waiting for him outside of his own quarters. It was morning and he was about to get breakfast. "What are you doing here?" Bashir looked left and right. The corridor was empty.

"Oh my good Doctor, I thought you'd be more pleased to see me." Garak said with an overplayed hurt in his voice.

"I am, I am I just... You caught me a little by surprise, that's all." Julian smiled at his favourite Cardassian. "Of course I don't mind seeing you."

"Good." Garak nodded with a grin. "Then you won't mind us having breakfast in your quarters?"

Julian felt a blush creeping up his cheeks. "Oh... I of course, I mean..." he noticed Garak carrying packed food.

Garak grinned with satisfaction at the Doctor's deep blush. "May I?" he held up the food, and Bashir nodded and let him walk past and inside. Garak put the food on the glass coffee table and plunked himself down on Bashir's couch. "Mmm, comfortable." he mused running his fingers up and down on the soft material. As a tailor he could appreciate the haptic of good textures.

Julian felt a cribbling in his legs as he watched Garak's pale fingers explore the surface of his couch in circles. He swallowed and walked over as calmly as he could. He sat next to Garak with a little space between them.

"We should do this more often." Garak wiggled his eyebrows. "Your quarters are comfortable."

Bashir started coughing uncontrollably. "There, there..." Garak sat closer and started patting his back. "Thanks." Bashir mubled. 

Garak opened the food containers. "I brought us some variety, bajoran hasberath, soup and your favourite the blue pudding."

"It looks wonderful." Bashir smiled. He grabbed a portion of the pudding. "Garak," Bashir replied, smiling. "So how was your umm..."

"Meeting?" Garak suggested.

"Yes meeting... with Ziyal?" Julian avoided using the word date.

"I was surprised that she did not kill me to be frank. So it exceeded expectations." he smiled. "May I ask you something Doctor?"

"Go ahead." Julian gestured with his spoon as he gobbled up the blue pudding.

"Were you trying to set me up Doctor?" 

Bashir stopped eating and looked up. Making eye contact. "Was I that obvious?"

"I'm afraid so." Garak nodded with a grin. "Trust me Doctor, if there was a Starfleet meeting... I would know."

Julian chuckled. "How do you always know these things Garak." he grinned at him toothily."A proper spy never reveals his contacts." Garak replied in a deep voice with a sinister grin. 

The voice send butterflies into Julian's stomach. Garak eyed the young Doctor with the same look he gave him the first time they met at the replimat. Garak had glanced him on the Promenade a few times before, and found this human specimen simply irresitable. And the more he got to know him, the more Julian reminded him of his younger self. The same naivity and good-hearted nature that he had once possesed. That perhaps somewhere deep down, still flourished under all that Obsidian Order training.

"I had a lovely meeting with Ziyal Doctor, I might even call her a friend."

"Did you." Bashir smiled.

"And all thanks to you." Garak replied observing Bashir.

"Soo, the two of you will be meeting up more often?" Bashir asked both hopeful and suddenly very agitated about the thought. He was jealous of Ziyal?

Garak leaned in closer and whispered. "My dear Doctor. I thought you would have noticed by now. I have feelings for someone else..."

"Oh?" Bashir mused questioningly.

"Ziyal is way too young for me Doctor, besides," he sipped his tea keeping his eyes on him. "I have other preferences."

"A certain Starfleet Doctor who enjoys holodeck fantasies where he is a famous spy.... know any such members on the station?"

Julian stopped midway of slurping down his cup or ractajino. That had been quite direct. He slowly made eye contact with his favourite Cardassian.

Garak simply stared back with the hint of a smirk. The young doctor was blushing furiously. He liked seeing that. It made his eyes shine even brighter.