Playing darts

Later that afternoon Miles O'Brien and Julian Bashir were playing darts at their favourite spot in Quark's bar, near the staircase leading to the holosweeps. Morn was sitting on his favourite chair, drinking and watching them silently, observing.

"I still can't believe he bought it." said O'Brien, targeting and preparing to throw his dart.

"Well he's not in Starfleet, there could be a meeting every day without him knowing about it." argued Bashir.

"Yeah but still, it's Garak. You'd think he'd be well informed about this sort of things, especially as an ex-spy." said O'Brien, looking at the darts board with one eye.

"Well it seems the odds are in my favour." Bashir said grinning. "But apparently not in yours." he added as O'Brien threw the dart and missed the centre.

"So you really think your plan is working?" asked O'Brien, moving aside to make place for Bashir and leaning against the wall like Bashir had just a moment ago.

"Yes I am sure about it. Ex-spy Garak is falling in love, I can feel it!" Bashir said sounding very self-sure.

O'Brien chuckled.

Morn noticed that he had no more liquid in his glass and turned around, gesturing at Quark to pour him some more.

Quark went to Morn and refilled his glass. He put the bottle down on the counter, looked at Bashir and O'Brien and sighed. "They're still at it?" he asked a little bored.

Morn nodded and turned back to watch them.

"I still can't understand what's so exciting about throwing sharp objects at a round board." Quark said, shaking his head.

"Well maybe if you tried it." suggested O'Brien.

"No thank you I'm not very fond of taking someone's eye out, or mine!" Quark replied, emphasizing the last bit.

"Why not? I thought you Ferengi sell your body-parts." said Bashir bluntly.

"We sell them, but after we're dead, not parts of it while we're still alive. That would be disgusting." Quark said, shuddering at the thought.

Bashir simply threw his dart and didn't reply anything.

"Quark, was Garak here today?" asked O'Brien with sudden curiosity. Immideatly Bashir looked up from the game and gazed at Quark, waiting for his answer.

"Yeah he was, why?" asked Quark, not sure of what they wanted to know.

"Was he with someone?" asked Bashir.

"Oh yes." sad Quark as though remembering a rather pleasant memory. "He was with that cardassian female, Ziyal."

Bashir grinned triumphantly as he turned to O'Brien to make him see that he was right.