Chapter 4: Tranquility

The door to Crystal's studio apartment clicked shut, the sound reverberating through the empty hallway like a somber echo of her solitude. She stood there for a moment, her hand still pressed against the cool metal, contemplating the weight of the world that seemed to follow her wherever she went. And yet, in this small studio apartment was her own safe haven from the chaos of the outside world.

Crystal Zamora stood still for a moment, taking in the familiar scents that lingered in the air—a mix of smoke, whiskey, and traces of burnt incense. The room itself was a reflection of her fiery spirit, with walls adorned by posters of her favorite rock bands and shelves filled with books on the occult and ancient mythe.

Zamora sank onto the worn-out couch, feeling the soft cushion give way beneath her weight. The fabric clung to her skin like a second layer, slightly sticky from the accumulated sweat and smoke that had permeated the air over time. She glanced at her beloved electric guitar, its glossy surface reflecting the dim light of the room, beckoning her with promises of melodies and raw emotion.

She thinks to herself, "Why the hell not?," And flicks on the switch to the amplifier already hooked up to the instrument.

As Crystal's slender fingers danced across the strings of her beloved electric guitar, a wave of electricity coursed through her veins, matching the energy that pulsed through the amplifier.

She stopped for a moment, thinking to herself... and then, As the first notes of Metallica's "Master of Puppets" reverberated through the room, Crystal's fingers moved with skill and precision, dancing along the fretboard of her electric guitar. The strings came alive beneath her touch, each note resonating with a raw energy that seemed to transcend the physical realm. It was as if the music itself had taken on a life of its own, weaving its way into every corner of the room and enveloping Crystal in its powerful embrace. After a few more riffs, she sets the guitar down and stands back up, walking over to her fridge to retrieve her bottle of Jack Daniel's

Crystal's fingers trembled slightly as she reached for the cold, glass bottle of Jack Daniel's, her touch sending a shiver down her spine. The amber liquid inside seemed to beckon her, promising a temporary respite from the overwhelming weight of responsibility that bore down upon her weary shoulders. She twisted off the cap with a soft hiss, releasing the potent scent of whiskey into the air like a whispered secret.

As the aroma of whiskey filled the room, Crystal closed her eyes and took a deep breath, allowing the familiar scent to wash over her senses like a comforting embrace. The rich, smoky undertones mingled with the sweet notes, creating a symphony of flavors that danced upon her tongue. With each sip, warmth spread through her body, easing the tension that had settled in her muscles from the day's events.

Crystal, bottle in hand, flopped back down onto her couch and flicked on the TV screen. The soft glow of the television cast an ethereal light across her face, illuminating the exhaustion etched into her features. As she settled into the plush cushions, a sense of relief washed over her, mingling with the subtle buzz of alcohol coursing through her veins.

As Crystal's eyes remained fixed on the television screen, the images played out before her like a surreal movie. The news anchor's voice echoed through the room, narrating the events that had unfolded earlier that day. The camera panned across the chaos of Time Square, capturing the awe-inspiring sight of the fallen LED board being effortlessly lifted by a man whose power seemed almost otherworldly.

Crystal watched, her eyes widening in disbelief as she witnessed the extraordinary feat unfold before her. The sheer strength and control exhibited by the mysterious man held her captive, commanding her attention like a force of nature.