Chapter 5

March 28th, 2018

"This is my friend Alvaro. He'd like to try out for Go!" Gaspar says walking in with the guy from earlier.

During the song, Lupe misses Gaspar talking to Zoe.

----- ----- -----

"So you're friends with Gaspar?" Lupe asks Álvaro after leading him to his locker.

"No. I literally met him on the way to Go! I think that was a joke about helping me find the workshop. Thanks for letting me in by the way."

"It's not really letting you in when you are talented. We need more guys. For some reason, guys aren't really interested in joining. Might be scared of me?

"You don't seem scary."

Lupe smiles.

"That's sweet of you to say. But you don't know me."

"I knew you within 2 minutes of meeting you. It's like I've known you my whole life."

"Player." Lupe laughs.

"It was worth a shot. All jokes aside, I'm sure you just very much care about your team. Some people can't handle that. I can."

"I'm glad you can. So what's the problem between you and Juanma?"

"Oh, right. Um, we got in a fight before school was out last year. He must still be upset."

"You go to Pemberly Academia?"

"Uh, last year. I transferred because it wasn't really my scene. I'm the grandson of the secretary. Some people didn't' appreciate that."

"Juanma?" Lupe guesses.

"The Bingleys. Though they see his friends so who knows."

Lupe gasps.

"Tobias doesn't seem classist."

"He's not as bad as his sister but it's there."

"Oh." Lupe stores that knowledge away for later.

"Lunch?" Alvaro asks.

----- ----- -----

March 30th, 2018

"Hi." Juanma says, sitting down.

"Hi." Lupe says coldly.

"What now?" Juanma asks, exasperated.

"Alvaro."

"What about him?"

"He says you looked down on him for being the secretary's grandson."

"As if I could care about that."

"Well then, what about the fight last year?"

Juanma sighs.

"He told you a list of complaints?"

"No. Just the two. What do you have to say about the fight at the end of the school year? Are there more complaints?"

"Only that the fight was at the beginning of the school year, he started the fight and the rest is none of your business."

"Fair enough."

"Can we design our house now?"

Lupe states at him.

"For our economics project."

"Yeah, right. Before we start,"

"Yes?" Juanma questions.

"Can you come to Go! practice to see our performance? I'd like your input. As long as you don't mind being in the same room as Alvaro that is."

"Yeah. I'll come by. He can't keep me away."

Lupe blushes.

----- ----- -----

Lupe told Mia everything both Alvaro and Juanma said. Mia could believe everything except that Tobias cared about money. Olivia sure,, but not Tobias.

Lupe shrugged and said family isn't that different. Mia gestured between the two of them. Lupe laughed and agreed could be okay even as Olivia's brother.

Mia said she was going to show her style. Lupe didn't know what she meant.

Well, now she did.

----- ----- -----

April 2nd, 2018

"Lupe. I need to talk to you." Zoe says.

"Sure. What's up?"

"I'vebeensneaking offtohelpGasparwith his team." Zoe says all at once.

"Again but slowly."

"I've been sneaking off to help Gaspar with his team."

"Okay. Why?"

"I haven't been feeling creatively challenged with Go!"

Lupe takes a deep breath.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault." Lupe says. "He asked me first. I haven't been letting people add to the plan for the workshop. Do you want to work together?"

"Yes, I do."

----- ----- -----

April 9th, 2018

The housing project got an A-.

Lunch is a juggling act. Sometimes Lupe sits with Mia, Bingleys, Martin, and Juanma. Other days are Alvaro, Simon, Zoe, Sofi and Agus. This is a Alvaro, Sofi and Agus day.

"Thanks for showing me around this weekend, Sofi and Agus."

"You're welcome." Sofi says, twirling her hair.

"Is that where you all were instead of my house practicing." Lupe asks.

"I came for part of it." Alvaro defends.

"I did practice for the show." Agus says.

Lupe looks at them expectantly.

"She practiced make-up on me." Sofi says beaming.

So you could look nice for Alvaro no doubt.

"I accept your apologies."

"Did we apologize?" Agus asks Sofi.

"Just go with it." Alvaro says. "Thank you. Lupe. How's Martina and cheerleading going?"

"Cheer is going fine. It's strange not being in charge but nice to experience the learning side again."

"Were you and Martina close at Pemberly?" Sofi asks.

"Not particularly. She had a thing with Juanma at one point. We weren't in the same crowd but she was always fun on the bus to games. She'd have us singing and things."

"Juanma singing?" Agus asks.

----- ----- ----

Lupe: Martina and Juanma dated?

Juanma: when do Lupe and I next have class together?

Alvaro: did she buy it?

Mia: 3 out of 4 parts of regionals depends on me.

Zoe: I can't believe I wasn't his first choice. It is on. We are going to crush Gaspar.