Chapter 6

As he walked down the corridor, he bumps into Major Carter.

"Sir. General Hammond told me the news. I took the liberty of informing Major Kawalsky." She said to him. "Thank you. I was just on my way to do that." He said to her trying not to let her see his discomfort of what he had just experienced.

"I thought I'd drop in on, uh...Samantha see how she's...."

"She's fine." O'Neill interrupted her.

"I think she'd rather be left alone at the moment. Just stop in tomorrow." Major Carter looked at him with suspicion.

"Um o...kkk..?" she replies.

"Is everything ok Sir?" She questioned his stance with her.

"Yea...I'm fine Sam. Ah, I mean Carter" realizing the slip of calling her by her first name.

"Um...O.K. Sir" , she replies, still not certain, "see you tomorrow then". She turns to leave, but with a questionable look on her face.

Before she leaves he calls out to her.

"Carter" he shouts.

"Yes Sir?" she says...

"How are you doing with this...twin thing?" he asks her, scared to hear her answer.

"Do you have a couple of hours?" He thinks about it.

"Ok." He responds.

"Ahh...It...that was the answer." She replies thinking he would of picked up on the slight joke.

"Oh." He replies, with a confused smile on his face.

"Goodnight, Sir."

"Good night Carter" . They both leave the corridor, with more and more questions that will just have to go un-answered for that day.

Dr. Carter had awakened, only to find him not there. She remembered he had laid down beside her. He felt like him, he smelled like him, and yet he wasn't him. It was so hard for her to coupe. She slowly got up, trying to make the best of this new day. She picked up the brush on the table and began to brush her hair. She suddenly paused and dropped the hairbrush, clutching at the table as her face began to distort. She knew that the entropic cascade failure would happen, but it had only been 2 days. It was too soon. As her face continued to distort all she could think about was the baby. Was it going to live through what was happening to her right now. When it stopped she immediately called for the airman to take her to the infirmary.

Dr. Carter was in the infirmary. Tears just rolling down her face, wondering how the entropic cascade failure, affected the child inside her. Kawalsky rushes in and so do the other members of SG1.

"What is it? What's happening?" Kawalsky shouted, with great concern on his face.

"Dr. Carter is going into some sort of convulsive shock. I don't know the cause and I don't know how to stop it." Dr. Frasier states, knowing that the fetus was not going to be able to handle much more of it.

AHHHHHHHHHHH" Dr. Carter screams in agony, as she begins again to suffer the warping effect once more. When it ends, Major CARTER hurries to her side.

"It's Not medical. Temporal. Entropic cascade failure." She spits out trying, to recover from the convulsion.

"On the cellular level?" Major Carter proceeded to ask.

"Yes. I thought it would take years, not days." Dr. Carter states with a crack in her voice knowing that her and her baby would not make it through this.

"So it's a side effect of travel through the quantum mirror." Major Carter claims.

'Then why don't I have it? " Kawalsky stressed, still standing by Dr. Carters side.