Chapter 12

O'Neill alerted SG1 of the situation, and the infirmary was ready for Major Carter. Dr. Fraiser was wanting to monitor them both for a couple of days, for she knew that Major Carter's protein marker, might cause a issue.

"Thank you Thor, for everything" O'Neill stated.

"You are welcome, O'Neill", thor replied,

"we will continue to monitor Dr. Carter's vitals, and send you a report as soon as something has changed". Thor said

"You ready?" O'Neill asked as Major Carter was placing her jacket on.

"Yes, I'm ready"....Major Carter said, feeling quite exhausted.

Before they knew it a bright light glowed, and they were in the infirmary. Dr. Frasier and her entire team were ready for them. Major Carter knew she'd be there for a couple of days. But she understood Dr. Fraiser's concern. But all Major Carter wanted to do was go home. She knew that this was going to be one of the biggest adjustments of her life. How was she to handle this? What will O'Neill do?...those were just some of the questions she couldn't get out of her head.

Major Carter stayed in the infirmary for several days. Dr. Fraiser monitored her vitals, along with Dr. Carter's unborn child. Major Carter was dying to return home. The infirmary walls were driving her crazy. O'Neill had stayed true to his promise...Everyday he was not on a mission, he sat with her, sometimes they'd talk of the latest missions, and sometimes it was just silent, both knowing things needed to be said, but no one knew how to start.

"well, everything seems good Sam, I'm releasing you today, but you will be going straight home" Dr. Frasier stated.

"Thank God" Major Carter exclaimed.

"Sam, I meant it....home, and rest....not only does that baby need to get used to you, you need to get used to it." Dr. Fraiser stated with a firm voice.

"I know, I know"....Major Carter said....

"I promise I'll go home and rest,...just please release me" Major Carter expressed, a she pleaded with Dr. Fraiser

"C'mon, I"ll take you home" O'Neill stated, as he helped her off the bed.

Although Major Carter wanted to protest, and tell him she could get herself home, she knew he needed to do this. She could no longer think of herself. There was something of Jack's now that she had to protect, so she didn't object. She went to her lab to gather some things along with her laptop, and told O'Neill she would meet him in a half hour. O'Neill followed her to her lab, and wouldn't leave her side. He walked into the lab with her, and as she packed he began to touch anything he could get his hands on.

"Sir, please...." Major Carter said, "I'll meet you in a half hour, I promise"

"Carter, did you forget who you are talking to?" O'Neill interjected.

"A half hour to you, is a whole day" "I'm not moving from here." "Besides, you better get used to me being around, a whole lot" O'Neill said.

"About that?" Major Carter said. "You do realize..we have a lot to talk about"

O'Neill knew this day would come, he just wasn't ready to talk about it just yet.

"We got time Carter, and your stalling, hurry it up , before I have to carry you out of here" O'Neill said trying to change the subject.

He knew that they needed to discuss so much, but now wasn't the time. But when? If Dr. Carter lives, then Thor will place the baby back in to her, and Major Carter will be able to get on with her life. But if she doesn't live, then everything changes? Or has everything changed already? He knew he couldn't hide his feelings for Major Carter anymore, not after this. But how would he handle this... How would they handle this...How would the SGC handle this...