Chapter 11

Hours passed, he couldn't take it anymore.

"Thor" he yelled.

"anything?" anything?" O'Neill at this point was wearing a hole in the floor of the ship, his pacing became more rampant.

"O'Neill" Thor spoke. "The procedure is complete". "It took longer than we expected but..."

O'Neill interrupted, "Are they ok, Thor, that's all I want to know, are they ok"...

"The procedure proved to be more difficult that we thought, but it was successful" Thor stated.

"Major Carter is resting comfortably, Dr. Carter's vitals are weak, but we are trying to stabilize them, now that the child no longer lives within her, but her vitals are slowly normalizing...Thor said.

"The baby...Thor.....did the baby make it" O'Neill asked with hesitation scared to hear what he didn't Thor's answer.

"The child, is stable." it took some time to stabilize it's vital to adapt to Major Carters physique, but it was successful"...Thor reassured O'Neill.

"Can I see them?" O'Neill asked with desperation.

"Of course O'Neill" Thor said, as he showed O'Neill to the room where both Carters were resting.

O'Neill didn't know how to react. How would he handle this. How would Major Carter handle this? So many questions. So much to work through.

Suddenly, a small whisper cut the silence in the room.

"Sir" Major Carter barely whispered.

"Hey, Hey...how you feeling?" O'Neill asked, as he stroked hair away from her forehead.

"how long? How long was..." Major Carter asked, barely able to speak the words.

"It doesn't matter, Carter, you're ok,...you both are" O'Neill reassured her.

"It worked? Then, that means..." Major Carter paused realizing, she now had a life growing inside her. She knew that everything, everything was about to change.

"Thor said, it took a little longer than they thought but, yeah it worked..." O'Neill informed her.

"Dr. Carter, how is she?" Major Carter asked, slowly regaining her strength.

"They are still trying to normalize her vitals, but Thor says she should be fine" O'Neill told her.

"Good"..."So when can I get out of this thing" Major Carter was starting to get anxious. A stasis pod wasn't the roomiest place to be.

"You just rest". "I'll get Thor and see when you can be released" O'Neill said, as he slowly placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Carter,..." O'Neill paused, "Sam"...him calling her by her first name wasn't the norm, and Major Carter, looked at him intently...

"Thank you" O'Neill said, with a crack in voice, that Major Carter could of sworn he was about to cry.

He immediately left her side, and walked over to Dr. Carter. He bent over and whispered in her "Everything went fine, Sam...the baby's is fine...you just work on getting better, you hear me?"...He leaned in and kissed her gently.

"O'Neill," Thor surprised O'Neill as he walked up from behind him. "Dr. Carter will need to stay aboard our ship, until we can normalize her vitals" "Major Carter, can be released from the pod, and return to earth". Thor informed O'Neill.

"She must not travel through the gate, during this time" Thor informed him.

"She will need much rest. For not only does the child need to adapt to this new environment, but so does Major Carter". Thor instructed O'Neill.

"You sure ya bethc ya, Thor", O'Neill stated "Wild horses won't keep me away".

"She will rest, if I have to tie her to the bed" O'Neill exclaimed.

Thor looked puzzled. And did not understand O'Neill's remark.

"It's ok Thor", O'Neill stated, I will take care of her personally.

They both walked towards Major Carter, and Thor alerted Major Carter, that she can be released. He continued to inform her of what she could and could not do. News that she could not travel through the gate, did not sit well with her, but she knew it was a sacrifice she had to make , in order for this baby to live.