Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Paola's POV 

.

It was only 6 in the morning when I heard my mom yelling at the top of her lungs. "Paola, time to get up! Do you seriously want to miss the flight?". Thats right, I had completely forgotten that we were flying off to Austria today! You see, School was over for the winter, and my family loves to go skiing, so we were going to the Mountains! I was looking forward to it so much! We were going with my BFFAE (Best Friend Forever And Ever, don't ask, we're just weird like that...), Sarah and her family! She's absolutely stunning! She has medium length dark brown hair and beautiful greenish blue eyes. She's pretty small though, and she hates it when people make fun of her height... I love her to pieces anyway!

 "All right, all right Mom. I'm getting up now... Jesus" I yelled back at her, though I mumbled the last part, not wanting her to freak out when she was already so stressed out. I rolled out of bed sleepily and got into the shower. After a quick shower, I dried off and got dressed in my favourite pair of jeans (light blue and ripped at the knees), my batman sweater and some black converse. I blow dried my hair and then put it in a loose fishtail braid.

"Are you almost done in there?", my annoying brother Jake yelled while he knocked on my door furiously. " I seriously need my own bathroom" I muttered to myself as I ripped open the door. "Watch it you idiot" I shouted at him as he almost hit me on the head. He ignored me completely and just pushed me out of the way as he headed towards the shower.

Humming my favourite song, "Tell Me A Lie" by One Direction (my favorite band in the whole wide world), I hopped down the stairs to the kitchen. My mom was already standing there preparing pancakes when I came in.

"Morning sleeping beauty" she said happily, grinning at me.

"Morning mom" I replied, at the same time wondering where on earth my dad was. Probably still packing. Knowing him, he had thought of another 15 things he didn't have in his suitcase yet in the morning.

"Your dad is in his room packing his last few things" mom said as she answered my unasked question.

"Thought so" I said chuckling at my dad.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I heard my dad ask from across the room.

"Morning dad"

"Morning my princess" he replied, pressing a kiss to the top of my head right after.

"Isn't your brother ready yet?" he asked, only now noticing the absence of Jake.

"Nah, he'll be down in a couple of minutes. I was hogging the bathroom before" I replied, smiling.

"Thought so", my dad muttered, earning him a punch in the shoulder on my part.

------------ 

At the airport

 "Are you absolutely positive you have everything?". Mom was going mad at this point, thinking of new things she forgot to pack every few seconds.

"Calm down mom, we'll be fine!" I mumbled, getting slightly annoyed at this point.

"You can't ever be too safe!" she replied, obviously proud of the fact that she had thought of a smart retort. I just rolled my eyes.

"PAOLAA!" a loud voice screeched across the airport. Ah, that would be Sarah. She, her dad Dave, and her 10-year old brother Mike were walking, well Sarah was running, towards us.

"SARAAHHH!" I yelled back with equal enthusiasm. We exchanged hugs all around, and I turned to Sarah.

"So how are things going between you and Luke?" I asked. Luke was her boyfriend. I had never really liked him, but I guess you're kind of obliged to like you BFF's BF...

"Um, ok I guess" she replied, a frown visible on her face.

"Seriously? C'mon Sarah, you know you can tell me anything!" I whispered.

"No, I mean it, everything's just fine... Its just that's he's bin kind of absent the last couple of days, that's all...".. I guess that answer would have to do for now.

"Flight 2765 is now boarding"

 Thats our flight. We all got out of our seats and made our way to the plane. Thankfully, my seat was right next to Sarah. For the whole flight, the two of us did nothing other than discussing hit topics like One Direction.

"Did you know that 1D is going to be in Austria?"

"OMG, LOOK AT THIS PICTURE OF ZAYN AND PERRIE!"

"Gosh I really want to meet them!"

"I love Harry"

And so on...