Chapter 10- Meeting the Family

The next morning, Legume woke up, with a groan, to the sound of her alarm clock. She realized that she was back to normal and sighed from relief. Legume pushed back her covers before she slowly got out of bed. She quickly got dressed before she headed to her ship's kitchen. Legume at a quick breakfast before she went to her bathroom and brushed her hair and teeth. When she was done, Legume headed to her ship's bridge and started up the engines. When ready, she sat down at the controls. Legume input the coordinates to Capsule Corps. The ship soon took off and headed towards their destination. After a few minutes flying, Kakarot came walking onto the bridge while he was rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"Good morning, Legume. Where are we going?" Kakarot was still drowsy as he asked.

Legume smiled as she replied, "Good morning, Kakarot. We are headed to Capsule Corps to meet up with Dr. Brief." Legume checked the monitors before she continued. "How are you feeling?"

"I feel like something hit me really hard last night." Kakarot replied as he rubbed his jaw.

Legume frowned before she asked, "What do you remember from last night?"

Kakarot thought for a moment. "I remember seeing a bright light in the sky. I felt my body shaking, and then everything went black." Kakarot looked at Legume before he continued. "What happened?" Kakarot was a little frightened as he replied.

Legume was solemn as she replied, "When I arrived at Gohan's home, you had transformed into an Oozaru and was destroying everything. You accidentally killed Gohan by crushing him. Then, you tried to attack me. I had to make sure that you didn't hurt anyone else. So, I had to knock you out with one punch."

"I.... I killed Gohan?" Kakarot looked confused at Legume. "What is an Oozaru?" Kakarot was sad as he said.

Legume was sympathetic as she replied, "Yes, you did. Oozaru may have been something we were many eons ago. However, Saiyans have evolved to where we only transform into them when we are exposed to a full moon or to an artificially created full moon. The transformation increases our size and energy ten fold. Many races think that we resemble a giant ape or monkey when we are in our Oozaru form."

"How can we keep ourselves from becoming Oozaru?" Kakarot was curious as he asked.

Legume glanced at Kakarot before she replied, "The only ways not to turn into an Oozaru during a full moon is not to look or be in its light. The same thing works with an artificial full moon. The last way is to completely remove your tail, but that is disgraceful and disrespectful towards our rich Saiyan heritage."

"Did you transform Legume?" Kakarot was curious as he asked?

Legume nodded before she replied, "Yes, I did."

"W-why didn't you lose control like I did?" Kakarot was confused as he asked.

Legume frowned before she replied, "I was taught from when I was eight when I was first taught how to remain in control of my mind even when transformed."

Kakarot shuffled while he looked down. "Do.... do you think that you could teach me?" Kakarot was nervous as he asked.

Legume nodded sympathetically before she replied, "Yes. But first, I will teach you how to fly and do Ki control. Then, I will teach you how to not let Oozaru take over your mind."

Kakarot smiled. "Thank you, Legume." Kakarot was relieved as he said.

Legume smiled as she said, "Just do me one huge favor until then."

"Sure. I'll do whatever you ask of me." Kakarot was curious as he said.

Legume glanced at Kakarot before she replied, "Do not go outside or look at a full moon until you can get the training."