Chapter 16- Fateful Meetings and Preparing for School Year

Legume walked out of her room while still deep in thought as she headed to the dining room to have breakfast with her family. Before she knew it, she was in the dining room and silently took her normal seat. Legume thought about telling her family about her dream, but she felt that they wouldn't understand her confusion. She decided that she needed something to distract her from her thoughts, so needed something else to think about for a while.

Legume glanced towards Dr. Brief before she asked, "What are we going to do today?"

"There is a large science symposium going on today at the East City Event Center. I was planning on taking Bulma, Tights, and you to the event." Dr. Brief looked towards Kakarot before he continued. "Would you be interested in coming with us?" Dr. Brief calmly replied.

"What happens at a science sym-pos-ium?" Kakarot was curious as he asked.

"Well, let me remember. We haven't had one in quite a long time. If I can recall correctly, it had a lot of lectures about scientific developments, a meet and greet, and sharing of new advancements in technology in medicine and other areas." Dr. Brief carefully replied.

"That sounds really boring." Kakarot looked at Bikini before he continued. "Can I stay here with you?" Kakarot was solemn as he said.

Bikini looked at Dr. Brief. "Well.... yes. You can stay here with me, but I was thinking that I could take you to East City Elementary School to register you for the upcoming fall semester." Bikini warmly replied.

"That's a great idea. Do you mind taking Legume by East City Junior High School to register tomorrow?" Dr. Brief casually said.

Bikini nodded. "Yes, I could do that. Then, I can take them to get fitted for their school uniforms." Bikini smiled as she said.

Legume was confused as she said, "Pardon my interruption. I am confused about this school thing. What level of education would Kakarot and I fall under?"

"There are four different levels for the education system. The first level is elementary school. It covers first through sixth grade. The second level is junior high that is three years. The third is high school that is three years. Finally, there are colleges and universities. The length is determined by whatever degree that you are seeking." Bikini paused before she continued. "Your age is usually the determining factor in which grade you will be in. Since Kakarot is six, he will be in the first grade. You are thirteen, so you will be in your second year of junior high school." Bikini calmly replied.

Bulma smiled. "It looks like we will be going to the same school." Bulma warmly said.

Kakarot smiled back. "That's cool. I am excited to make new friends." Kakarot frowned before he continued. "Where will Legume and Tights be going?" Kakarot calmly said.

"You and Bulma will be going to East City Elementary School. Legume will be going to East City Junior High School. Finally, Tights will be going to East City University." Dr. Brief casually replied.

They finished eating their breakfast before Legume went to her room. She put her smartwatch on her wrist and grabbed her phone. Legume placed her phone in her purse as she walked out of her room. She walked downstairs before she met her family at the front door. They walked out front to two cars waiting for them. Bikini and Kakarot headed to the first car while everyone else headed to the second. After everyone had gotten in, the two cars headed down the driveway towards the road. When they arrive, the two cars headed their separate ways to their destinations. The people in the second vehicle talked as they headed towards the event center. They arrived thirty-five minutes later and found a sport to park. They got out and headed towards the main entrance. They noticed a young man watching them as they approached him with two large trunks on either side of him.