┆Chapter 1┆

HEAVY GORE AND GROTESQUE DEPICTIONS. TRIGGER WARNING.

『Listen to the music at every chapter to get the best experience out of reading this.』

—— ———————————————————————————————————————————

"S-stop it...." You hear a familiar voice softly call out, although you could barely hear it over the screaming. Would the person stop being so noisy? You can barely hear a friend right now- how rude.

Oh. You get it. You know who's screaming, it should have been obvious. It's you.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A good friend of mine is watching me suffer as someone is stabbing my fingers with a steak knife repeatedly. I'm screaming. Under any other circumstance, I would probably be happy that I get to reunite with this friend, but unfortunately, that was apparently not meant to be. My friend isn't happy, I'm not happy. The only one who is happy is the man stabbing me- he's gleefully singing as he's doing so, yelling for me to start counting back from one thousand by sevens, which in all honesty, might be relatively challenging, considering how bad I am at math.

Eventually, I was about to give in, though. I could barely take any more, despite how I was regenerating. Pain was still pain. He held up a cockroach in his hand, and I could hear Kaneki screaming. I can't hear much anymore. What did the torturer say? Something about counting again, I presume. I quickly gave in, not wanting the disgusting creature squirming in his hands to penetrate my body, and began counting. However, this proved to be quite the challenge, as I could barely speak. Instead, I found myself throwing up mounds and mounds of blood. 

As I tried again, I softly muttered out a few numbers, "N-nine hundred ninety....three..." I find myself whispering, panting for breath. I could now hear, for whatever reason. Of course, the next thing I heard was not something pleasant, nor what I had ever wished to hear: "No-Please!" Kaneki's blood curling screams filled the air as I felt something itchy and ticklish in my ear. I continued counting, the tears flowing down my cheeks rapidly. I didn't much care about myself- but about Kaneki's sanity. 

"Nine hundred..." I began again, trying to not scream and worry Kaneki more. I felt it crawling deeper. I quickly increased the pace of my speaking, choking on my own saliva as I felt the disgusting texture of the insect crawl deeper, and deeper. "Eighty six!" I screamed, coughing up more blood as the torturer cackled, and poured the bucket which contained Kaneki's blood all over me. I screamed again. Kaneki was crying even more, I wish I could speak to him and tell him it's not his fault- but I fear the torturer would hurt him. I'd happily take the pain from Kaneki. Maybe this is what I am doing now?

"What are you going to do, Kaneki? Your beloved friend is going to die at this rate!" Jason cackled, his loud voice ringing in my ears. I decided to talk to Kaneki. I wanted to at least reassure him in some way. I slowly turned my head to Kaneki, an aching sensation coursing throughout my body as I did so. "I-I...hope I..." I managed to cough out, in between the laughing of Jason. "I hope I don't look too bad..." I sputter, Kaneki closing his eyes in denial.

—— ——————————————————————————————————————————— 

『I promise the next chapter will contain significantly less gore, maybe even none at all. The actual romance comes in the next chapter, which will hopefully be written today.』