┆Chapter 5┆

『Listen to the music at every chapter to get the best experience out of reading this.』

————————————————————————————————————————————

[2:31 p.m.] Neki ಠ◡ಠ : "子に痴話、(y/n)-チャン!お元気ですか?"

You didn't respond to his text. Of course he knew you had read it, he always can tell. That's the thing about Kaneki- he knew you so well. It took you a moment to lie.

[2:33 p.m.] You : "はい、元気です。あなたは?"

[2:33 p.m.] Neki ಠ◡ಠ : "元気です、元気です!あの、最近どうですか?"

You didn't respond, once again. You didn't have the heart to. He knew you were lying about being well, but you told him to not come over. He, of course being the sweetheart that he is, insisted, despite your constant denial. Eventually, you reluctantly gave in to it. You lay on your bed, your hand clutching your stomach. You didn't want to eat. Food smells and tastes repulsive. You knew why, and how. But, despite warnings from Kaneki several times, and him almost forcefully feeding you, you still denied it. You wouldn't accept a fate as cruel as this- death would be better. Of course, there was no way you could kill yourself now, though. It was physically impossible, and you even took to pulling out a knife once, but that attempt was in vain. But life didn't feel meaningful anymore- there's no point in buying a monster new seifukus and skirts, is there?

Just before you were going to go find the knife and try again, you heard a knock at your door. It was soft, barely audible. If you had been listening to anything, you probably wouldn't have heard it at all. "(Y/n)-chan, I'm coming in." The black haired boy calls out anxiously, slowly opening the door to your apartment, a few steak knives littered across the floor sloppily. "Ah- you should be more careful, you might hurt yourself, you know." He says matter-of-factly, picking up the knives and placing them in your sink, his figure drawing closer to your body, huddled up in a large mass of blankets. He softly sat down on the side of your bed, next to you. You expected him to say something, but he didn't. He just stared off silently, gazing off at a photo of you and your mother. "I-" He started, but quickly stopped. You turned your face down, shoving your features into your pillow. "(Y/n)." Kaneki says firmly, your body not moving, but you could tell he was staring at you. You felt his hand grasp your chin, and pulled your head close to his, pressing his lips gently to yours.

He smelt like rain.

————————————————————————————————————————————

『ಠ◡ಠ  』