Familiar Faces

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・

DURING THE HOLIDAYS...

"This place is heavily crowded. Try not to get lost guys!" The others gave Julieta their money to pay for their tickets. After receiving the tickets, they all entered the amusement park. There's many stalls that does minigames and many stalls that sells all kinds of food and drink. Caden already spotted one stall that makes traditional korean food. Aubrey on the other hand saw a stall selling sweets like cakes, candy floss and more. "Where's the new ride you were talking about, Aubrey?" Julieta asked.

Aubrey took out the map that was given by the instructor. "Well, we have to go left to get there. Follow me!" She insisted. They all follow behind Aubrey. The new ride she was talking about is a horror one. Aubrey looked up from the map, the line is going to be the death of her. There's atleast 50 people lining up for this new ride, she's gonna die in the sun by the time they get their chances. "I guess this attraction already achieved a lot of people's attention." Julieta mumbled.

"This is going to take hours.." Caden groaned at the thought of them waiting for so long to get on it. "I didn't know there would be a lot of people, oops..." She scratched her head. Julieta shrugged it off and started lining up first, the others followed her. It took them almost an hour to get on it, they just hope this ride wouldn't be very disappointing. After going through the whole thing, it was disappointing and a waste of time. "That wasn't even scary.." Aubrey grumbled under her breath.

"We shouldn't have went to this ride in the first place." Caden shared his thoughts. First ride is disappointing, a bad start for the day. Julieta decided to pick one where it's really exciting. You know the ride where they bring you up as high as it can and stops, you won't even know when it's gonna drop you down but when it did, your heart will drop and so is the ride. Julieta recommended to go on that one, Aubrey almost didn't want to. She might have a fear of heights. She didn't wanted to ruined the mood so she forced herself to go on it.

After the ride, she felt like puking. She closed her eyes the entire time, seeing how far she is from the ground makes her nauseous but she held the puke in. Julieta thought that since it impact on Aubrey this much, they should take a short break. They decided to stop by this one cute cafe in the amusement park. Yes, there's a cute cafe. They have tables inside and outside. The cafe's theme is like a carnival, fit enough to be in an amusement park.

The service here is really good too. The waiters and waitresses are nice. They also served your food very fast. Hence, why a lot of people likes to go here to take a break. They also have air conditioner on the inside too, for the tables that's placed outside, they have an umbrella to shield you from the sun, and it's connected on the table. The group saw an empty table inside of the cafe and took it. They all sat down, a waitress came over to give them the menu of desserts and drinks.

"Currently, our most popular dessert is on a discount of 20%." The waitress told them. The dessert being a strawberry cake with chocolate drizzles and vanilla frosting on top. They could see Malechi's eyes sparkles in interest. After ordering their own food, the waitress wrote it down and took the menu away. "The food will be here soon." She left a genuine smile and walked to the counter. Aubrey took a sniff of inside of the cafe and she could smell the sweetness of the desserts that's being prepared in the kitchen.

The ring above the cafe front doors rung and two customers walked in. Caden looked over and saw what he shouldn't have seen. Lucy and Noah talked to the cashier at the front, most likely asking if there's any tables left. Caden panicked, he's literally sitting at the edge of the couch. He grabbed Malechi's arm and whispered, "let's change seats." Malechi wasn't sure why he wanted to but he agreed. After exchanging their seats, Caden felt more safer and more out of view. He does not want them to see him.

He took another peek at them, both of them is waiting in front of the counter. One big question remained in his head, Why are they together? He leaned against the couch and sigh. Julieta and Aubrey is giving him weird looks, they also looked at the same direction he was looking before. "Are you okay..." Julieta asked. Caden sat up properly, "Yeah, I think?" Not even himself knows if he's okay or not. Julieta looked at the two person that's still waiting near the counter. She wondered if it's because of them.

She didn't questioned even though she have an idea of what's going on. Maybe Caden knew them before and it didn't went well. Not long after, their desserts and drinks came in. "I hope you all enjoy!" The waiter said, taking the food tray back to the kitchen. I assure you the group definitely enjoyed their food. Especially Malechi who's extremely obsessed with strawberries. Caden enjoyed his dessert too but he's too bothered by Lucy and Noah.

He thought up of all the possibilities that could happen. After finishing, they paid the cashier for the service and leave. Lucy and Noah sat near the entrance and Caden had to pretend to looked at the other way. The last thing he wanted is for them to know that he's here. Malechi suggested that they should play some minigames to win some prizes. Aubrey have been waiting for this, she's the plushie collector among this friend group.

On their way of walking towards attractions, she have already spotted some cute plushies that she really needed to bring back home. She saw a lot of sanrio plushies and genshin plushies. They first went to the stall that gives out genshin plushies as prizes. Aubrey is aiming to bring back home an Alhaitham plushie. While Aubrey plays the minigame, Caden saw another stall not so far from them. He didn't know what he's looking at, but it caught his eyes.

Soon, he found himself walking towards it. When he got nearer, the stall sells second-hand novels. What was it that made Caden so interested? He browse through the options that he have in front of him. He found a book that piqued his interest, it's a book of one of his favourite series! He didn't have this version yet so he paid for it. When the person behind the counter is putting the book inside a plastic, 2 familiar person stands beside him.

・┆✦ʚ♡ɞ✦ ┆・