Unexpected Exchange

Fully alert, you found yourself grappling with the challenge of insomnia.

One source of restlessness stemmed from the persistent fear that Heizou, with his relentless pursuit, would inevitably locate you. The second half of your sleeplessness equation was the undeniable discomfort of resting on the unyielding ground.

Compounding the unease was the pervasive sensation that every one of your actions was under close scrutiny. The disconcerting feeling of being constantly observed cast a shadow over your attempts at finding solace in the night.

As you stealthily attempted pickpocketing, the strain on your hands became pronounced, giving way to persistent cramps. The consequences of your actions were evident in the occasional smacks to your head, a stern reminder of the risks inherent in such endeavors.

The threat of a lawyer was also mentioned, which successfully scared you off.

In the vibrant city of Liyue, a heightened state of awareness permeated the air. The denizens seemed unusually attuned to their surroundings

Contemplating a visit to Bubu Pharmacy for some sleep-inducing remedies, the prospect seemed enticing. However, the scant amount of Mora you had managed to pilfer left you skeptical about affording anything more than a fleeting chuckle from the pharmacist.

With a resigned sigh, you wearily rose from the modest hill where you had sought a brief respite just outside the quiet harbor.

You stretched your tired muscles, releasing a long yawn into the night air.

The notion of attempting to reclaim some elusive sleep flitted through your mind, but instead, you found your feet reluctantly shuffling through the dew-kissed grass, gradually transitioning onto the cool, sturdy stone pathways.

In search of solace, you contemplated a leisurely stroll to calm your restless thoughts. The ambient glow emanating from intricately designed lanterns illuminated your way as you perused the various shops that lined the pathways – a toy shop, a souvenir store, and a general goods shop. Amidst the quietude, you snagged an apple, the deserted surroundings offering a cloak for your petty theft.

Venturing beneath the docks, a quaint boutique caught your attention. The only audible sound resonated from the soft tap of your sandals against the wooden planks beneath you, echoing in the quiet night.

As you idled beneath the dwindling lantern glow, the realization of your own hunger struck once you had polished off the apple. The majority of restaurants had already shuttered for the night, and the weight of your funds cast doubt on the feasibility of affording even a modest meal.

Despite the persistent ache in your hands from earlier pickpocketing endeavors, the approaching footsteps roused your attention. A tall figure, a man with short ginger hair and lackluster blue eyes, swiftly drew near. His attire included a red mask stylishly positioned to the left side of his head, and a beaded earring adorned with a striking red crystal dangled from his left ear. Hints of lighter blonde streaks intermingled with his hair, the most prominent one gracing the left side of his bangs.

In that singular detail of his earring, an unspoken narrative unfolded, suggesting that perhaps he possessed more than enough for both your hunger and his own.

Clad in an partly unbuttoned gray jacket that hinted at a concealed belt, this stranger's Hydro vision hung prominently from the said belt. A vibrant red scarf adorned his form, draping diagonally across his chest and over his left shoulder, completing his enigmatic attire.

As he drew closer, the realization that he was a vision holder dawned, an opportunity presenting itself in an unexpected encounter.

Seizing the moment, you orchestrated a calculated misstep, tumbling into him with practiced finesse.