Nightfall

"I question whether we'll manage to interrogate all three subjects before nightfall... So, how about we eliminate one person from the list, find a place to stay, and resume the questioning tomorrow? Does that sound like a plan?" Shikanoin suggested, a smile playing on his lips as he snapped his fingers together.

"Fine by me," you replied, rising from your seat and stepping off the ledge, onto the street.

"Let's just hope you've got the Mora to cover that meal," you added with a shrug, a begrudging smile gracing your lips.

Heizou came to a halt, letting out a sigh.

"Man alive," he muttered, placing a considerable amount of Mora on the table. He deftly arranged the plates, making it convenient for the waiter to handle.

You snicker, strolling into the bustling street, with Heizou quickly catching up, matching your pace.

"Luckily, I've already scoped out the suspects," Heizou smiled, snapping his fingers together with pride.

"A glaze lily seller, local authorities, and some business owners. Easy enough for your first case, right, partner?" he beamed.

"Firstly—" Heizou began confidently before faltering slightly.

"Ms. Bai in... Qince- Qinance..." Shikanoin began, his words trailing off.

"Qingce Village?" you suggested.

He glanced at you. "Sorry... Liyue pronunciation is... rather difficult," he sighed.

Changing the topic, he started again.

"Chef Mao, from Wanmin Restaurant... as I have reasons to believe his recipes used glaze lilies. And finally, some Liyue soldiers, in case they saw some suspicious activities," he stated, a confident smile playing on his face.

"..Are we sure we aren't checking Wanmin for more food for you?" you mumbled, a hint of teasing in your voice.

"Hey, we're on the job now, partner. We are strictly investigators," he reassured with a smile.

"Though, unfortunately, they're closed by now, and Qingce— ...that village is a bit aways, so that leaves us the soldiers," he commented, closing his eyes and tilting his head slightly.

As Heizou contemplated the limited options due to the closed restaurant and the distance to Qingce Village, you scanned the surroundings for any immediate leads. 

The bustling streets held a mosaic of potential witnesses, each with their own stories to tell.

 With a determined nod, Heizou suggested, "Perhaps we can start by talking to the local residents or nearby business owners who might have seen or heard something. Sometimes, the most valuable information hides in plain sight, right in the heart of the community." 

You rolled your eyes slightly but nodded, "Fine, let's get this over with," you sighed, falling in step behind Shikanoin.

"C'mon, no use moping around, might as well have fun with it, partner," Heizou suggested with a slight wink, injecting a hint of enthusiasm into the investigative venture.

As you traversed the vibrant streets, Heizou led the way, engaging with locals and business owners. Despite the serious nature of the investigation, his infectious charisma and light-hearted approach managed to turn the interviews into a somewhat enjoyable endeavor. 

As much of a drag this was, you found yourself subtly drawn into the rhythm of the inquiries, the lively banter with Heizou providing a welcome distraction from the initial weariness. 

As the night unfolded, you and Heizou navigated through the vibrant streets, successfully questioning a couple of Millelith officers. Most either dismissed your concerns or directed you to Fengyan, the apparent sergeant overseeing the area.