Desperation and Cooperation

The oppressive silence, like an invisible vice, squeezed the dimly lit hallway where you and Heizou found yourselves. It wrapped around both of you, weaving an intricate tapestry of unspoken tension that hung heavily in the air. The exchange of glances between you and the once-unyielding detective held a gravitas that seemed to add an unusual weight to the stillness. Heizou, typically composed and stoic, had unexpectedly succumbed to an uncharacteristic silence, intensifying the already palpable atmosphere in the corridor.

In stark contrast, your own unease materialized physically, the evidence of your internal turmoil manifesting in the form of crimson blood tracing down your hand as you desperately attempted to stanch the flow from your nose. Heizou's usually unwavering focus on you momentarily faltered, his façade of composure shattered by the stark reality of your injuries.

However, your attention wasn't solely fixed on Heizou. Desperation clawed at the corners of your thoughts, seeking any excuse or escape route from the stifling reality of the moment. The metallic clasp of the handcuffs around your wrists intensified the urgency to break free, to slip through the cracks and elude the suffocating captivity that surrounded you.

As your mind raced, the silence in the hallway transformed into the backdrop of an internal struggle. The cold grip of the handcuffs thwarted each attempt to formulate an escape plan, each effort met with a harsh reminder of physical restraint.

Despite the persistent ache in your legs and the lingering taste of blood, your mind persisted in its quest for an escape strategy. Yet, it seemed Heizou's intuition could discern the nuances of your fleeting plans. His gaze, softened by a hint of empathy, carried the weight of a detective adept at reading between the lines.

"Don't; you'll only make this worse for yourself," his voice resounded, caution and understanding woven into his words.

Your gaze met his, a blend of anger, spite, and a disregard for his words etched across your face. The unspoken defiance lingered, a silent proclamation that, despite the handcuffs and the setback, your determination remained unyielding.

"I'm not going to jail—"

"Your legs ache, your nose only just stopped bleeding, you're out of breath, and you're shaking slightly. I doubt you'll get far."

"I will—"

"No, you won't. Just listen," Heizou interjected, the reality of your physical state and the unwavering determination in his voice momentarily subduing your protest.

Silence descended upon the hallway.

"If you—"

"No," you sharply interrupted.

"Hey—"

"Don't interrupt me then," you retorted, the exchange hanging in the quiet corridor, the unspoken tension weaving through each uttered word. Struggling for control, both in words and actions, Heizou let out a slight sigh and shook his head.

"So difficult..." he mumbled under his breath.

"You started it..." you shrugged, opting for pettiness as your weapon of choice.

This banter, charged with an undercurrent of tension, introduced a momentary reprieve from the gravity of the situation.

"Are you going to cooperate?" Heizou huffed.

"Are you going to interrupt me?"

Heizou groaned, bringing his free hand up to rub his brow.

"Listen— I've taken the fastest route to Liyue after that little stunt of yours, and you're not the only case I have on my hands, so just— work with me, won't cha?" Heizou pleaded.