Reflection

"I felt a familiar breeze to the wind, I knew you'd show," he remarked, a gentle smile gracing his lips. With a bandaged hand, he delicately reached up, gracefully shifting strands of your hair away from your face.

As if in acknowledgment, the breeze hushed itself, creating a momentary stillness in the air.

"Ah, she's attuned to our conversation," he mused, diverting his gaze from the shore to the expansive water beyond.

"The wind?" you inquired, seeking clarification, to which Kazuha responded with a simple nod, confirming the connection.

"I talk to her often," he continued, redirecting his gaze to meet yours with a meaningful connection.

A reciprocal smile graced both your lips and his.

"She gives life to our words, so make them meaningful. Especially when talking directly to her," he added, his voice carrying a sense of reverence for the ethereal being he spoke of.

"Speak in whispered tones, and let truth be your guide. She is already privy to every truth," he explained, raising his hand and allowing the wind to flow through his fingers.

"Because she permeates everything," you trailed off, and in response, Kazuha nodded with a subtle yet knowing smile.

"Indeed," Kazuha nodded, gently lowering his hand to his side.

"Whenever you find yourself in doubt, remember this art. The answer will breeze your way," he advised, and as if in agreement, the wind hushed itself, creating a moment of profound stillness.

Both of you turned your attention toward the vast expanse of the ocean, where waves danced in rhythmic harmony.

A comfortable silence enveloped you, allowing a tranquil connection to form as you sat together, appreciating the gentle play of the breeze and the rhythmic ebb and flow of the tide.

"That's where you two disappeared to; I was starting to get worried," a familiar voice rang out, the sound of sand crunching beneath their feet.

Simultaneously, you and Kazuha turned your attention back, and there she was – a brown-haired woman with a warm smile on her face.

"Beidou," you exclaimed, a broad grin spreading across your face in recognition and relief.

"Everyone has headed home, and the crew has retired for the night. I got a bit concerned when I didn't find Kazuha comfortably knocked out in bed," Beidou remarked, her eyes shifting to Kazuha with a playful grin.

"Captain..." Kazuha trailed off, a hint of embarrassment coloring his expression.

"It got even more concerning when you vanished, Y/N. Not even a farewell," she teased, placing her hands on her knees and kneeling down to the two of you.

Her brown hair danced in the wind as she cast a glance at both you and Kazuha. Caught in the embarrassment, Kazuha diverted his gaze, prompting a hearty laugh from Beidou.

"It seems the wind isn't the only one attuned to our conversations," Kazuha remarked with a playful twinkle in his eyes, his laughter resonating with the coastal breeze.

You chuckled, sharing a glance with Kazuha, who couldn't help but join in the lighthearted moment. The trio, surrounded by the soothing sounds of the ocean, found comfort in each other's company as the night unfolded, leaving the worries of the day behind.

As the laughter subsided, Beidou's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "What secrets were you two sharing out here, hm?" she teased, a mischievous grin playing on her lips.

Kazuha, still slightly embarrassed, offered a cryptic smile. "We weren't..."

Beidou raised an eyebrow, her mischievous grin widening. "As long as you're not plotting to somethin'. And if it doesn't involve any extra work for me, I'm all for it."